Broken Love

I fought all the warriors, broke all the ice but I still felt like Lukas was far beyond my reach.

I held him between my arm, his lifeless body weighted more on my soul than my arms.

I wasn't the monster I was a few moments ago, I tended to Elizabeta's wounds and Leon would be fine as long as I keep my normal form. They were safe somewhere deep in the cave where I felt them away from the dead bodies behind me.

"Lukas... Lukas..." I kept repeating over and over again until my voice faded out. My tears went down his cold cheeks and my sobs were quiet next to his ears.

I didn't know what to do... unless... unless...

No.

He came back again. That awful voice deep inside my head.

I didn't care what it warned me, I picked Lukas up and was about to grant him new life again, life that would probably torment him as a fairy, but I didn't care as long as he's alive.

I bit my finger strong enough to draw some blood and started to draw a pentagram on his forehead. Just when I was about to start the incantation, my body felt weak, my arms could no longer support Lukas and he fell on the ground. This wasn't my doing.

I looked back and pain shot all over my body.

"But...but why?" I cried outload feeling my conscious fading away. I looked at him, my eyes narrowed in anger and confusion.

"Because he's a fairy, he's an enemy." He answered, his fingers snapped, my body falling to the ground.

His tone was harsh, almost threatening, but his eyes were wounded and tormented.

The eyes of a lover leaving his love.

The last chance Mathias had to return to his old self instantly vanished in matter of seconds.

The last chance he would be forgiven vanished as well.