11

(Holy shit, it's an actual chapter)

You woke up, immediately regretting having the bakery open yesterday for the extra money. It just meant another day of work, but you didn't get a break on Fridays as usual. Like anyone could, you forgot about your dream. All you could remember was waking up in the middle of the night from it and having Aaron sleep with you. Well not sleep with you, but comfort you.

(You little sinners)

Remembering Aaron, you noticed his arms were wrapped protectively around your waist and his face was snuggled into your hair. "It'd be nice to stay here for a little while longer", you sighed while looking up at your clock.

6:13 am

You smiled, knowing you could sleep for three more hours. But just as you thought  it, you remembered​ more about the previous events from the night before. 'They probably ate half of my stock.' You groaned and sat up, careful not to wake your guest up. You went inside your closet and got out a work dress. Seeing that Aaron was hugging your pillow and snoring lightly, you changed dresses. You put on your shoes and looked at Aaron one last time before slipping out the door.

"So did y'all crack the eggs and scramble 'em too?"

You jumped in surprise too see Herc standing outside your door. "You and your dirty mind", you scolded, getting angry. "I do recall that last night you happily ate my job while I was out trying to live a life", you mumbled loud enough for him to hear as you pushed past him. "What's with the stacked clothes on the chair?" You walked over to your living room to see that Aaron had folded the clothes that he wasn't wearing neatly on your arm chair.

You sighed and continued downstairs with your brother following behind. "It's not like anything happened", you said as you reached the bottom and headed for the kitchen. "When what did actually happen?"

You turned around at him in disgust with what he was implying. "We were just-! Just...", you trailed off. "No, please, finish your sentence", he said haughtily. "Finish it." You said nothing as you turned around to your station to see how much was eaten last night.

They had eaten plenty.

You huffed as you pulled out ingredients to make cookie dough, knowing Hercules was on the hunt for almost all of them last night.

"You really humiliated me last night."

"And you really scared me last night. What if he tried something?"

You kneaded the dough, already taking your anger out on it. "You know him better than I do. He's the 'Prodigy of Princeton College'. If he's so smart, then why would he do that?" 

"You tell me! Did he- did you two... do the deed?" You teeth gritted slightly as your fists clenched while handling the dough. "No, but it's frankly, none of your business. I don't ask you about Elizabeth to amount to anything."

Elizabeth Sanders. Hercules's mistress since 1773. It's surprising that they aren't married yet. You thought Herc would've courted the minute he saw her back in '73. What a dame the woman is. Hercules doesn't like to mention her too much because deep down inside of all that muscle and dirty jokes, he loves her. He's just too afraid to admit it. Seeing how well the two correspond, despite knowing how Elizabeth mysteriously can't walk for a week EVERY SINGLE TIME after meeting Herc, makes the fact that there's a connection even more obvious. He's even more of a wuss because her uncle is a British Officer.