Cindy, the child stuck in between.

Cindy’s story

“I’ll miss you Sarah”. I smiled to her.

“I’ll miss you too” she cried. I rubbed her back and hugged her for a bit.

“I’ll miss you all” I say to the group. Clem flashed me smile and everyone else was too sad to look at me.

“We’ll, I’ll see you later I guess” I started walking along not bothering to look back, if I look back I’d just get upset.

I continued walking for a while until I saw a van. It was the type of van your parent’s would warn you about as a child and its white coat was rusting away and the glass was dirty and dusty so you couldn’t see through it.

I opened the back door and it looked like someone had been camping here for a while. It had a sleeping bag to the side and a work bench for tools on the other. It had a stocked eski full of food and fresh water. It had some guns and knives hung up on the wall above the bench.

I know I should probably leave but I was just too hungry and tired. I walked over to the eski and pulled out a packet of chips. I quickly gobbled it down and drunk a whole bottle of water. I put one or two bottles in my bag and some food next to the knife a stole.

After stealing their stuff I probably should have gone then but I was just too tired. I put my bag to the side and crawled into the sleeping bag. It had a pillow made of a plastic bag with more plastic bags inside of it to give some comfort.

It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep. I’ve been walking all day.

My eyes slowly opened to the sound of crunching. I hated that sound, the sound if someone eating, it drove me insane.

“Morning sleepy head” My eyes went wide and I sprung up reaching for my gun that’s usually by my side that I took out to sleep earlier.

“Calm down, I’m not going to steal your stuff. But I can’t say the same for you” I took my eyes of the living and breathing Barbie doll to my bag, it had everything spewed out on the ground. But nothing looked stolen.

“Hey, my bag” I crawled over to it and put everything back in it neatly.

“Sorry” she said.

“Brittany, You” I looked over to her, she didn’t look harmful, and she didn’t mind me sleeping in her bed or stealing her stuff either.

“Cindy” I hesitated.

“Nice to meet you” she smiled.

“Chip” she pointed the bag towards me. I slowly grabbed a chip and returned the smile.

----Present------ (I couldn’t think of a better measurement of time, sorry)

“Come here, Cindy” I tried running over to Erin but Brittany held me back. She wrapped her arm around me and pulled me closer.

“Aw, come on, Erin. We were just starting to become friends”. Her voice held sarcasm and danger in it. I started trying to pull away but she’d just pull me back to her side. I almost got away but she pulled me back and slapped me across the face.

“Quit it you little brat” she threatened. I tried not to cry but I couldn’t help it.

“I thought I killed you” Zayn shouted.

“Oh hunny, it isn’t that hard to play dead, but on the bright side you did wonders for my back” she started to pull a twisted smile.

“Let her go” Erin said sternly. I don’t like it when Erin get’s mad.