Chapter 1

Steve's POV

After being defrosted, I found myself lost in a world that has moved on without me and found it very difficult to adjust to this modern world. I feel so alone.
Everyone I know is gone.
Everything has change.
I wish to go back. I wish that this was all a dream.

I was asked to join the new S.H.I.E.L.D but refused the offer.
There's so much more I want to do first.
I want to see how the world change after 1945.
I devoted my time training at a gym nearby. After that I go to this coffee shop and sketch buildings. At night I watched movies or surfing the internet to catch up. And that's my routine every single day. I don't even had real friends to talk to which makes me more lonely and alone.

It was a quiet sunday afternoon.
I just got back from the gym.
A bit tired and craves for a nap.
After my afternoon meal I took a nap and someone knocks on my door that awakens me. I don't know how long I slept but when I woke up it's already dark. I got up and turn on my lamp.
I wonder who could that be. Especially when I'm not expecting someone.

I went to the door and opened it.
Surprised to see Fury again.
"Good evening Cap!" He greets.
I stare him blankly.
"What brings you here?" I asked.
"May I come in?" He says.
I nod and let him in.
After shutting the door he directly told me about what happened at S.H.I.E.L.D.
"Someone broke in at S.H.I.E.L.D." he murmurs.
"So?" I whisper.
"They stole an important file." He says
"Why you're here? You should be out there searching for this guys." I said.
"I'm here because I need your help, Cap!" He says.
I roll my eyes trying to ignore what he's about to say.
"They stole Stark's file." He added. That catches my attention.
"Howard?" I asked.
He nods.
"You see... after your disappearance. Howard spent time to search for your body. With no luck, he still managed to locate the Tesseract in the Arctic waters." He says.
"Go on." I whisper.
"With the fear of the power of the Tesseract. They decided to make a new super soldier to protect it from someone who could steal it and abuse it's power. ---back in the 60s Stark's went to Germany to meet Dr. Abraham Erskine's daughter. I bet you still remember Dr. Erskine?" He says.
I nod and got a flashback with Dr. Abraham Erskine. On how we met, during the experiment and the day he died in front of me.
"Dr. Elena Erskine followed her father's footstep using her father's theory of the super soldier serum. She was recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D and Stark help and assist her developing the new serum under the super soldier program. Took them years before it became a success one." He says.
"What happened next?" I asked.
"Before the experiment started someone killed the chosen soldier in his sleep. He could be the next Captain America but he was murdered. Brutally." He says.
"Who killed him?" I asked.
"We don't know. No one knows. That case never solve." He says.
"And the serum?" I asked.
"Stark hid the serums for years. In the early 90s they reopen the program and decided to do the experiment again. But someone broke in and interrupt the experiment. Stark was threat. He took all the serums with him. As he and her wife took the road to get their son they got killed by a car crashed." He paused for awhile. He took a deep breath and continues. "The serums were gone and never recovered."
"You believed that he died on a car crash?" I asked.
"I read Stark's profile and how he and his wife died. I know that he was murdered." I added.
He nod and took a deep breath again.
"He's son never knew about it. We made him believe..--" he says and before he could finish talking I interrupt him.
"The lies." I said.
"Why?" I asked
"To protect. It' better that way." He says. Confidently.
"You can't keep that a secret forever." I murmur.
"Look cap, I did not come here to argue about Stark's death. I came here for your help. This people plan something very dangerous." He says.
"What's in that file? The one that's been stolen?" I asked.
"Abraham Erskine's theory on how to make the serum." He says.
I closed my eyes. Took a deep breath.
Thinking how bad this situation.
"They're making an army of super soldiers." I murmur.
He nodded.
"You see Cap! I believe that these people has a connection to your past." He says
"You mean... Hydra? You think Hydra is behind all of this?" I asked.
"Not 100% sure but Hydra is the only enemy who wants to put down S.H.I.E.L.D." he says.
"But Hydra died when Red skull died. S.H.I.E.L.D took hydra down. I read it. It's on the papers." I said. Confidently.
"That's why we need your help, Cap! Maybe this kind of mission that sorts familiar from your past may help you to reconnect." He says.
There's so much more I want to say but the only word that came out of my mouth is "Okay." I said.
He walks toward me and pat my shoulder.
"Thank you, Cap! I guess I'll see you tomorrow." He says.
I nod and escourt him to the door as he leaves.

After Fury left I took my laptop and some of the old news papers that S.H.I.E.L.D gave me. With my curiousity about Hydra I did a little research. With no luck it left me clueless.

It was late night when I had a vision of Peggy. My best girl who still owes me a dance. She co founded S.H.I.E.L.D. And that's how I remember her. Maybe this is her wanting me to have some piece of her. Joining the S.H.I.E.L.D to have a place in this world.