XVI

It was slightly cold in the backyard. Sam was sitting down, knees pulled up to her chin. She couldn't stop thinking.

"You don't know anything about him?" Her brother asked in confusion, "....even though you have been 'friends' for about four months."

"No...well, I mean kind of?"she grumbled with a frown, " I try to get to know him... more, but something is stopping me. I don't why." Why did it hurt? Exactly what was she scared of? It was easy to ask him questions in the start, but why is it changing now. She wanted to pull her hair and scream from this odd feeling.

"Do you like him?"

"What? No....n-no of course not. He's a friend. It's not like that. I was curious ....just curious about him in the beginning and I-"

"All you need to say is no, Sam. It just seems your trying to deny this to yourself rather than me."

"I don't like him... trust me it can't be that I do." she tried to explain.

"How much you care for him...the feeling of comfort when you are around him. Or how much you want to make him happy despite how hard it is. Or how much his smile gives you an odd feeling of happiness. You mean to tell me after all this... you don't like him?"

She paused taken back. She couldn't even blink.

He got up dusting his jeans, "Those books stored in the basement, do wonders. But, take your time and think about how you feel. I'm going to play video games. Once you accept and admit your feelings, just tell him." With that he went inside the house with a big smile, leaving her in daze and puzzlement.

She shakes her head with an incredulous laugh. Did a a thirteen year kid really advise her on this situation?

____

Thank you to everyone for reading this story. I deeply appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I recently began my second year of college and my emotions are unstable, but writing poems and stories are helping me get through. Winter break is near and I will find time to heal and update more. Thank you all once again and anticipate more in the future.

Sincerely, Lovely-Flower.