XXIV

She stood, torpid. Eyes fixed on the boy. The hood of his jacket covered his hair. It made her reminisce the first time she saw him.

He was standing up. frowning. She could see his eye bags. She gripped her sleeves, and slowly sauntered towards him.

"Hi." She whispered. She didn't even know what to do. She regretted ever admitting her feelings to herself. Now she feels the heaviness of guilt weigh on her. Is it okay to like him?

She needs to relax. She has to relax.

He didn't even look at her. She didn't look at him either. She stared at the ground.

She has to explain to him. She has to tell him the truth. Her feelings. Everything.

"I..." before she could continue he took out a paper. Why did it make her feel anxious?

'Did I do something wrong?'

"What? No... what do-"

He writes again.

'You're acting strange these days.'

"Strange? That... that shouldn't be a surprise... I'm already strange to begin with." She mumbles quickly. He tried to grab the tips of her fingers, but she moved away.

She flinched. Not because she was scared or she didn't want to, but because she was flustered.

He paused for a while, then began writing again. He sighed. Why did that sigh make her heart feel heavy.

"I'm sorry." Is that all she knows? Explain, Sam. Explain. "I-"

The bell rung. He didn't stay to hear her. He walked away. Crumpled the paper and dug it in his pocket. Shoulders slumped. She watched him until he disappeared. She was left feeling empty. Guilty.

She stood. Eyes now fixed on her fingers.

_______

I know the story may seem out of order and unorganized...and their story may be strange, but I hope you bare with me. Sometimes when we begin to like someone we deny it for the longest. When the signs become clear, and we admit it to ourselves we begin to have this fear....and I'm not sure what the reason is. And why we have this fear to begin with. The world of love is complicated.

Anyway... I would like to thank you for all your support! :)

Yours,
Lovely-flower.