XX

Each day passed and little by little her heart felt gloomy.

When she sauntered towards the wall. She stared at him hoping he'd stare back and smile. She hoped he'd give her a look to assure her he's okay. But it was like she was invisible. He stared past her. He stared at the dirt. He stared at the sky. He stared at anyone or anything but her.

But she was tired of pretending to be fine. Tired of keeping her distance. She was tired of feeling sad. Even more tired seeing him pretend like she was a stranger.

She slowly walked up to the silent boy. She felt weak.

She stood across from him. Not too far. She gazed at him. He was impassive. He didn't look at her. Nothing. Not even the slightest movement.

She stepped closer. That's when he flinched and tried to leave, but she grabbed his hand. She grabbed it tightly and intertwined her fingers with his. They stayed like that for a moment. Her heart was palpitating. Her hand was warm, while his was cold. She gripped her hold, that way the warmth of her hand could make his own hand warm.

"I am sorry,"That's when he eyed her and gave her a confused look. By now tears were rapidly rolling down her cheeks. Her chest trembled.  She had many things to tell him and all that could come out was an apology and tears...this was her chance, but the tears were her only words after foolishly mumbling I'm sorry. She felt his gaze on her. She could feel how perplexed he was. Slowly she began to let go of his hand, but he grabbed it quick before she fully let go. He sighed. In anger. Confusion. Sadness.

"Why are you crying."