XXVII

Going to school. It felt different. Everyone stared. Everyone gave her a look of puzzlement. Her old friends scoffed. Some jeered quietly.

She saw a small crowd around him in the corner.

"You and her?"

She clutched her palms.

"With you?"

Felt every step she took, lacing with indignation.

"Is she that desperate?"

"I would rather jump off a building, then be with him."

"He's just a pale, deaf kid. what does she see–"

She felt anger burn inside. She pushed herself through the crowd. She glared at each one of them.

They all moved a bit.

He stepped in front of her and shook his head. As if telling her that it was all fine. But it wasn't. None of it was. She grabbed his arm and gently pulled him behind her. Protectively.

"You have nothing better to do? I don't see why our personal lives matter to any of you. Worry about your own lives instead of bothering someone. I like him. These are my feelings. Not yours. What I see in him is mine to cherish. Not yours to ridicule." She held him closer."Bother him one more time. And I won't stay still."

Then it became silent.

_________

Love means you will hold someone close to your heart, even through their scars and pain. Love that person for who they are, and fix their broken pieces instead of leaving them broken :)

Deep thoughts. I apologize.

I pondered about this for a while and was nearly going to enter the Wattys. But I feel perhaps it's not the right time. Any suggestions?

I appreciate all the generous support.

Yours,

Lovely-Flower.