XLI

The hospital made her anxious.

But it seemed to make him even more anxious. He gripped on to the arm chair, looking down making silent prayers. He seemed desperate, and her heart broke as she stared at him.

"Lucas ..." her voice shakily escapes as she grabbed his hand, she softly slid her finger through his, "it will be okay."

Her parents stood afar speaking to the receptionist.

He shook his head, "I'm sorry ... this— I didn't— Sam..."

"No, Lucas. No, don't apologize. It's okay." She could feel his anxiety increase, she could feel his hand tremble. "Everything will be okay, I promise it will."

He became silent. But she knew inside he was asking ...How can you promise? How do you know it will be okay? How are you so positive?

She moved a bit closer and gently grabbed his cheek with the other hand, moved him towards her so that his forehead can rest on her shoulder.

She recalled how he nearly fell to his knees when the doctor mentioned overdose. Recalled how tears poured immensely down his cheeks.

She wrapped both her hands around his head tightly at the memory. She prayed inside.

Prayed for everything to be okay.

Prayed for his mom to be okay.

____

I just wanted to say how much I love Anson Seabra 😭♥️ he's such an amazing artist, and his songs mend every piece of my heart.

Also thank you to everyone for supporting this story, May God bless you all and I pray you have a wonderful week :)

(P.s. I will definitely be updating more the next couple of weeks, I am sticking to words this time)

Yours, Lovely-Flower.