XXII

He walked towards her. Walked with a different emotion. Walked looking at her. And only her. She quickly glanced at his hand.

Felt warmth embrace her whole body.

Remembered when he held her hand a couple of days ago.

She looked up and found him staring at her hand as well. Then he also looked up.

His lips were straight, and his eyes smiled. She froze... staring back, and listened to the sound of her heart beating.

"I... uh..hi..." She looked down. Why did she look down? Was her face red? She looked up. Then quickly looked down again. Felt his stare melt her slowly. What is she supposed to say? No... what should she do? What's wrong with her? She clutched onto the sleeves of her sweater.

"L-let's go get something to eat." She muttered quickly and walked ahead. He caught up to her. Walked beside her.

For some time she stayed silent like him. Her mind was already going crazy. She was forced to move closer to his side because of the crowd. And as she was in her thoughts, the back of her hand accidentally brushed his.

She froze. "S-sorry..." her eyes widened, "here.. I'll go in fro-"

He grabbed her hand gently and pulled her back to his side. He laced his fingers around her own.

She stared at their hands then back into his eyes and wondered if he lost his breathing like she did.