●Blood●

: edited :

"Emily..." A word that bounced off of the tongue of the very person known as Debbie Gallagher, said softly. Emily didn't move or respond, didn't show any emotion towards her best friend. She lay there with her face stained with the lines of wet mascara dripping down from her tired crying eyes, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"Emily please say something... You haven't even gotten up to eat..." Debbie said, her voice filled with worry as she looked down at her heart broken, tear-stained best friend. Emily continued to stare blankly at the ceiling. Another explosion of tears began to crash against the surface of her eyes, as she tried desperately to push them away. She blinked fast, almost like she was trying to escape the feeling of pain. She wanted to shut it all off.

"Please talk to me..." Debbie said desperately. Emily still lay there, staring up at the ceiling. She tried to show no emotion. Emily's hands molded into fists, as she gripped the bed covers with all her might. A slippery tear slinked down her cheek, almost like it was happy to leave her. The brunette girl began to walk out of the dark bedroom.

"I'll just go get Sara ( @EmmaMcgowan8 is Sara ) to whoop you out of bed," Debbie said, walking out.

"Wait," Emily said, faintly. The upper half of Emily's body rose up, like a soldier ready to face the day. Even though the owner of the body was far from ready.

Debbie turned on her heel and looked at Emily, with happiness flooding her eyes. "You spoke!!" She said, happily.

Emily pressed her dry lips together. "How long has it been?" Emily asked, her voice cracking slightly. Emily didn't want to explain what she met, but she hoped Debbie understood. Thankfully, she did.

"It's been 48 hours..." Debbie slightly paused and then continued, "2 days..." She said softly. Emily sighed lightly, the small air current moving the knotted hair out of her face.

"Already...?" Emily asked, making eye contact with Debbie for the first time in what felt like ages. Her eyes shifted around the room quickly while Debbie shifted her position.

"We are going to Carl's Sentencing today..." Debbie said softly, as she took Emily's clammy hand and made Emily stand up from the comfortable bed. Her legs shook slightly because she had only gotten up to pee, take a crap, and get water. Emily wouldn't be surprised if she had lost a pound or so because she hadn't eaten since... That night. "Are you coming?" Debbie asked Emily, referring to the sentencing. Emily thought for a second and nodded. Emily got dragged downstairs by the Debbie that didn't give up on Emily in the past 48 hours. The first person Emily saw was Sara and Lip, which brought a tugging smile onto Emily's face.

"Sara...? Lip...?" Emily said in her raspy, hurting voice. Emily's bluish green eyes watched as Lip and Sara turned there backs to the television to look at Emily. Smiles erupted on their faces, obviously happy to see that Emily had returned to the living.

"Emily!" Lip and Sara said at the same time. Their faces glowed as they looked at Emily with happy eyes.

"Hey, guys. I heard the sentencing was today," Emily said, as she twidled her thumbs. Her stomach gurgled, almost knowing the food was near. Emily ignored the rumbles in her stomach as her attention was focused on Lip and Sara right now, as Debbie disappeared to God knows where.

"Yeah, you coming?" Lip asked, as he got up from the couch and lit a cigarette. Emily's eyes bulged as she began to cough up a storm from the little smoke.

"Emily? Emily!" Sara said, her voice high with worry. Emily was hacking away as Lip put out the cigarette quickly. Emily breathed heavily as her throat ached, and her chest hurt like crazy. She looked at Sara as she put her hand on Emily's shoulder, trying to calm her down.