♡5

- i have detention for two weeks until 4:30, how cute

{—}
i don't care what they say, i'm in love with you!"

"they tried to pull me away, but they don't know the truth." the teen screamed out the words, dancing around her room with ava in her arms, twirling round and round.

finn had just left, and her heart was jittery. her stomach was full with butterflies, her eyes full with love and passion. her smile wouldn't leave her face as much as she tried to make it leave, her cheeks were a tinted pink color.

millie continued to screech out the words, the biggest grin on her face as she stopped in the middle of the room, looking at ava, her eyes full with light and love.

"he makes you happy, right?" the small girl questioned as millie plopped on her bed, laying down and staring up at the ceiling.

"mhm, very." she smiled, looking at the toddler that laid next to her.

"keep him."

"ill try, i really will."

july 4th. the day where people dressed up in red, white, and blue. they lit up fireworks, not doing it properly must i add. millie never celebrated, just stayed in her room as her family invited friends over to their barbecue.

this year? empty.

her mother was with her boyfriend, celebrating with his kids instead of her own. and really, millie was disappointed. her two older siblings were away, leaving her to sit with ava in the living room and make hot pockets.

although millie never celebrated the holiday, ava loved it. she loved when their mom would dress her up in a beautiful dress and light up fireworks that she could look up at. she loved going to the pool with her mother, enjoying herself. but it seems as if her mom completely forgot she had two girls waiting at home.

chewing on her pepperoni hot pocket, the toddler pouted, chewing lightly. "this sucks, y'know?" she questioned, a small grin on her face.

"very much so. but we're together and that's all that matters." millie responded, looking down at her favorite person that wore a simple night gown. she saw the disappointed look on her face as she chewed.

"lets get you dressed. we're going to the beach, okay?" was the only thing millie said before ava ran up to her room, pulling out the dress she got months ago for 4th of July.

millie rolled her eyes and picked up a pair of denim shorts, a blue v-neck, and red converse. she left her wavy hair loose, skipping over to see ava fully dressed in a red, white, and blue dress.

"super extra." millie chuckled before pulling out forty dollars from the money she saved up, placing it inside her phone case and walking out, ava grasping her hand tight.

the girls decided to walk to the beach, hand in hand. they looked at the sunset, or at least ava did. millie looked down at her sister, happy that the girl was cheesing and finally enjoying herself.

the view of the beach came, and she felt a message ring.

lil' baby noah☀️; hey mills. we're at the beach we went to, come over. we're just hanging out, all of us. bring ava.

millie; maybe. im @ a beach with ava, ill see if we're at the same one.

millie typed in a response. she took her converse off and took ava's shoes, kicking the sand around and just walking, hand in hand with her sister.

"mills!" noah exclaimed, running towards millie quickly, pushing into her. millie was surprised, so she stumbled until catching her balance.

"noah, hi sunshine." she grinned, picking up the smaller girl. she noticed the group was drinking, and didn't want ava to be around so she gave him a side hug before explaining to him she was going to take ava to the game section that included a big Ferris wheel. noah nodded, poking ava's cheek before heading over to the group.

"wanna go play? we're gonna have lots of fun. it's going to be the best Fourth of July ever, i'm gonna make sure of it." she smiled at the tyke she held in her grip, standing in the short line for the Ferris wheel.

Soon, she felt a presence wrap an arm around her waist, looking up to see finn staring straight ahead.

"hi?" she spoke, raising her eyebrow as finn looked down at her, grinning.

"hi baby, hi aves." he smiled. millie shook her head, moving forward in the line. she looked up at the taller boy to find ava leaning over so he could carry her, and of course finn took her, giving her a bear hug.

millie rolled her eyes, looking at the two. "wow, my sister stealing my boyfriend." she spoke, before bringing a hand to her mouth, coughing loudly.

"wow, didn't know i had a girlfriend." finn spoke with a smirk on his face. millie's smile turned into a frown, looking ahead of her.

"but i sure do want one." he whispered close to her ears, squeezing her hand he just took ahold of. that made millie cheese happily, hopping up to the Ferris wheel seat that was opened for them.

finn stared at the girl, carrying ava and placing her in the seat. he climbed in next to her, sitting in front of millie. the ride soon started, playing music which made finn sigh, the song gave him a headache.

the teenager looked down with a grin on her face, biting her lip as she stared down. she looked like a little girl again, she felt like one too. the ride was at the top, and millie squealed happily.

"mills?" finn spoke softly, making millie turn to him with a smile. "can i take you out? on like... a date?" the boy asked, fidgeting. he's never been nervous around a girl, he's finn wolfhard.

but she's millie bobby brown.

"yes finn, i'll love to." she grinned, pressing a peck to his lips, letting it linger before pulling away. she looked down at the ground, closing her eyes happily as the small wind blew her hair back. the ride started to come back down, and when she hopped off, finn grabbed her hand, holding ava's small hand in his. her grip tight, millie pulled the two towards their friends, looking around until she saw them.

the teen plopped on sadie's lap, laying her head on her shoulders and looking at the waves. finn sat next to noah, sitting ava next to him. ava took millie's phone out her grasp, making millie roll her eyes. the girl entered millie's password and began to play.

millie turned to look at sadie, sitting next to her now, cheesing happily at her best friend. "you look happy." sadie chuckled, wrapping an arm around millie's shoulder. millie nodded, leaning her head an sadie's shoulder.

"cause finn asked her on a date." ava spoke, still playing away on millie's phone. "shut up ava, keep playing your game." millie spoke, making ava stick her tongue out at her. sadie smiled back, but noah just bit his lip, looking over at finn and shaking his head.

kenzie just sat back, scrolling through her Instagram feed, ignoring all that was going on. maddie rolled her eyes at her sister, scooting closer to noah.

the rest of the day was spent eating burgers, watching the fireworks, millie cuddled up to sadie (plot twist lmaooo), and the group of friends chasing each other around— millie ran around, having everyone chasing her around, she was a giggling mess, her hair flying everywhere as she laughed loudly. before she knew it, she was being picked up by behind, and picked up. millie giggled, laying in the arms of finn.

sucky chapter, again. ill update later because i have detention for 2 weeks so my updates are gonna be slow 🙂