un

charlotte's point of view

"someone's coming to your left, agent scarlett."

"copy that." i murmured before running into someone. i looked up to find a man, probably the person liza was warning me about. i quickly apologized before drinking the glass of champagne i had and placing it on the table beside me. i scurried away from the hallway and back into the small party.

"that was too damn close, get out of there and meet me at the rendezvous point."

i grabbed another glass of champagne. i felt someone's eyes on me. i looked around the place to find the same man i bumped into earlier. his gazed moved up and down my body, then smirked when our eyes connected. i rolled my eyes and headed to the exit. i saw my colleague walking in to clean the mess of blood my target left on the floor. we didn't acknowledge each other, i kept walking forward until i was out of that damned place.

i swung in my index finger the keys of my target's car. hey, i needed to get out of there and it wasn't like he would need that car anytime soon.

i got in the car and took off my earpiece before stuffing it into my bra. i drove off towards the rendezvous point, but then i noticed a car following me since i left the party. i made a few unnecessary turns, yet the car was still behind me.

i grabbed my earpiece and placed it back in my ear before speaking, "agent hazel? someone is following me. i have a bad feeling about—"

i didn't have time to finish my sentence. a car was coming straight towards me at full speed. i cut myself off to grab the steering wheel with both hands and swerve the car onto the next lane. it all happened so fast. one moment the car was right in front of me, the next i watched it crash into the car that was behind me. i kept driving, my heart was racing but i had to get to liza.

"agent scarlett? are you alright? was that tires screeching?"

i nodded even though she couldn't see me. "yeah, a car almost crashed into me. i'm fine, can't say the same about the car that was behind me." i glanced behind me to see a cop arriving and cars slowly slipping through the side to keep moving. i caught a glimpse of the black car that had been following me and my heart began to race again. an ambulance raced beside me, keeping the cars behind me from moving to let it arrive at the crash. i used this opportunity to speed down the road and lose the black car.

"i'm afraid that crash wasn't an accident."