09. You Terrify Me

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

cracking marble
act two, winter
chapter nine, you terrify me

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

(       decembre , 1831      )

( decembre , 1831 )

"CHETTA!"

Amélie's voice carried across the small room as she announced the arrival of Mathilde's dear confidant and Joly's fiancée.

"Bonsoir, chérie!" Musichetta smiled down at the young child who was hugging her waist, giving a small wave to Éponine who bid her greeting as well.

"Congratulations." The blonde grinned at her friend, as they kissed each other cheeks in greeting, as Amélie wandered away. "Joly told us everything!"

"It is wonderful." Chetta agreed, her gaze wandering to the man she loved so dearly as he approached the pair of them.

Joly took Chetta's hands in his and raised them to his lips, placing a delicate kiss there.

"You both look divine together." Mathilde said, softly, looking forwardly at the pair, who brought a calmness to the room of jovial students.

"Grantaire!"

The blonde's eyes darted away from the happy couple and saw Éponine attempting to awaken a rather sleepy looking Grantaire, who was clutching a bottle of alcohol to his chest.

"Chetta's here, you should share!" Éponine cried at the man in front of her.

"Keep your hands to yourself, you scrounger." Grantaire mumbled, holding the bottle closer to his chest as he grumpily was reimbursed into the conscious world.

A lighthearted scoff left the blonde at the drunkard's his tart response."

"Taire, you are honestly the least chivalrous person I've ever had the misfortune to meet."