Chapter two

"Ellieeee! Wake up and get ready we have to go meet the principal of our new school today" yelled Lucas while shaking me awake.
     "Okay. I'm up stoping shaking me and get out so I can get ready"I groaned
      I got up and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.After I was done I wrapped a towel around my hair and put on a robe,i brushed my teeth,put on some mascara and lip balm and went to pick my outfit.
    I decided to wear something simple so i put on my black ripped jeans, a maroon hoodie and my black high-top vans. I fixed my hair after and was ready to go.
    After i went downstairs,I had an apple and rushed to the car after mom and Lucas .

-------------------
   We arrived at the school fifteen minutes later.I wasnt that nervous  because I only had to see the principal to get my schedule,a tour of the school ,and an introduction to the rules.
     The school is a lot smaller than the one back in canada.But the hallways all looked alike so I knew that it would  be confusing.It had almost the same rules as my school back home expect that we have no dress code here.
  My schedule was boring but I wasnt expecting anything else.I have gym and music once a week which wasnt that bad except for the gym part.I had math english and sciences everyday and some other extra classes.

-----------------------------------

    We're at a supermarket now getting our school supplies.I already own a PINK backpack but i need some new binders , notebooks and a few pens.
       After getting our school supplies ,lucas and I went to get some foods for lunch. We got some fruits,snacks,and lunchables and went to the cashier. After paying we got in the car and went back home.

  ------------------------------
      At home both me and lucas went to our rooms to get our stuff ready for tomorrow as mom ordered us to while she was cooking dinner.

    I had finished unpacking yesterday. I get my black PINK bag and place it on my bed and start organizing my things. I place my binder three notebooks  and my pencil case inside and get my gym clothes and put them in there too after deciding to wear my sports shoes tomorrow for the whole day instead of carrying it around. I put my bag next to the door and collapse on my bed right after.
Unfortunately as soon as my head hit the pillow I hear mom call us for dinner.

I go downstairs and sit on the stool in the kitchen waiting for lucas to join us.
   After lucas walks in the kitchen, mom places our meals in front of us and we begin eating.
     "So how are you guys feeling?any expectations?"mom tries starts the conversation.
    "Nervous,i guess. It feels um......i dont know scary maybe?" I answer through a mouth full of spaghetti.
"It's cool. I think I'm going to tey out for the soccer team." my brother answers.
    Mom chuckles at our opposite responses."I know for a fact that you'll both be fine. You're great kids and remember to always look at things from the bright side."
    Mom took it very hard when dad passed. For the first two weeks she was always sobbing and wouldnt eat anything , however ,that changed the weeks after.She started talking about how we should look at things positively and not let anything affect us deeply for it will always pass. My brother and I both still dont know what changed her,but I  think that she came to her senses and realized that she neededto be there for us just like we were supporting her.
   After dinner I go up to my room and decide to scroll through social media and catch up with some old friends.
Soon it is my bedtime so i set my alarm do my night routine and go to bed.
A few minutes later mom comes into my room asking if I were awake.
"Yeah,everything okay?"I replied.
"Yes honey. I just wanted to say goodnight and wish you good luck for tomorrow. I'm really sorry that I wont be her but I have an early shift tomorrow."
"It's alright mom. I love you. Night mom." I said as I hug her .
  Mom leaves the room after our little conversation leaving me alone with my thoughts staring at the ceiling.
  Will I make any friends? would look be in the same school?will i sit alone at lunch?

It is almost 3 am and I am still awake . Nervousness was an understatement. I couldnt get all the what if's questions out of my head.
What if i pick the wrong outfit? Or worse what if i get late and everyone thinks that i was weird?
   It didnt take long for me to fall asleep after that. However, still dreading the day to come when I wake up.
-----------------------------------------------------
A/N 2nd chapter yayyy!!! Ik its boring but i just wanted to introduce the main  character first but next chapter will be better hopefully!!!
Thanks for reading! ly !