Epilogue

A/N I changed somethings in the previous chapter and it's better to read that first before reading this. sorry.

________________________________________________________________________________

"I just can't believe we're done with our second year in college. I'm exhausted." Says Autumn while packing last-minute items in her suitcase.

"And I still can't believe that my brother is getting engaged tomorrow " I yell, walking into the bathroom.

"At least he's getting engaged to your friend."

"Yeah, I guess." I reply after spitting toothpaste out of my mouth.

I walk out of the bathroom, place my toiletry bag in my  travel bag, and carry it outside.

"Come on Autumn we need to leave." I call her.

"Coming" she appears soon after suitcase in hand. 

We head to the elevators and press the ground floor button and wait. The dorm rooms weren't what I expected. The are very organized and there are way too many rules, but it works because I'm roommates with both Gemma and Autumn. Unfortunately though Gemma had left last night in order to welcome everyone she and Lucas had invited to the engagement party. 

"I forgot how hot it is here during the summer." I say to Autumn once we're outside the airport. The flight wasn't that bad, I don't think Autumn would agree though.

"Yeah, you haven't been here in a while. Are you sure you're okay with this?" She asks worriedly. I haven't came back with my family to our beach house for three years. Since the summer he broke up with me here. I mean I know it's been a while but he was my first love after all. It's not easy to forget your first love and it's even harder to move on. And because I'm that lucky, I still haven't been able to move on completely. It's not as bad as it was at first, I used to spend my days in bed crying, But still some days are harder to get through. He is famous and his posters are everywhere and so are his songs. But I'm learning to adapt to it all. And I'm not going to lie. He was right. When he broke up with me, I had a hard time talking about my feelings so instead I started writing them down and I discovered how much I loved that, writing I mean. By the end of my first year in college I had already published my first book and it made done pretty well in the markets. I am pursuing this in college and hope to punish my second book later this year. 

"You okay? You zoned out for a while." Autumn nudges my shoulder.

"Yeah. Just memories." I need to calm done and enjoy my brother and my best friend's engagement party. He doesn't matter right now, he shouldn't matter at all.

"Oh cheer up. Come on we'll drop off our bags and go to that cafe." she grabs my hand and drags me to the uber we had called earlier.

We arrived home about ten minutes later and greeted everyone. Autumn and I made our way to my room, where we would be staying and start unpacking.

"Hey" says Gemma before hugging each one of us. 

"You nervous?" asks Autumn.

"Yeah, but it'll be fine." answers Gemma, her eyes wandering over to me every now and then. 

"You okay?" I ask chuckling at her weird behavior.

"Yeah,fine. I should probably go and make sure everything's going smoothly downstairs." Gemma leaves the room and we continue unpacking.

"Hey can we not go to the cafe today. I wanna go to bed."I whine after we're done unpacking.

"Yeah" Autumn yawns and throws herself on my bed. I collapse next to her, clothes still own, and fall asleep.