~12

Caleb

I finally got news back from the nurses after anxiously waiting for hours. Chosen and Wyatt were both passed out and Jaeden came not too long ago for Wyatt.

"He's going to be fine. Were there any signs of depression or anything that leads up to the attempt?" The nurse asked. I felt as if a wight was lifted off of my shoulders. I let out a huge sigh in relief.

"H-He wrote how he lost everything, and without these things, he wasn't okay." I explained, thinking back to the letter that is held in Wyatt's embrace.

"He's allowed visitors now if you would like to see him." She allowed, pointing to his room. I woke Chosen, Jaeden, and Wyatt and they all insisted that I should be the first one to see him.

So I anxiously walk into his room and saw Gaten staring into space. His skin was so white, paper white. His arms were covered in bandages and he had several monitors hooked up to him.

"Gaten," I spoke up. He looked at me shocked, clearly not expecting to see me. And by the looks of it, anyone for that mater.

"Hi." He smiled but I knew it wasn't a real one.

"Why did you do this?" I can feel myself begin to tear up again.

"Because, I've had enough of this world and it's clearly had enough of me." His voice is lower and raspier than normal. He looks like he's in a lot of pain. I just wish I could take it away.

"That's not true. This world needs you here, I need you here." I reassured him, taking a step closer to him.

"Then you'd be the only one." Gaten shrugged, our eye contact not breaking. "Why did you save me?" He wondered after a moment of silence.

"Because, like I said, I need you. I was going to see if you wanted to hang out because I had a fun time camping and the door was unlocked and I got scared. And when I found you..." I have to pause to recollect myself. "I felt like something inside of me broke." I filled him in. And I feel like I let a little more truth out then I should have.

"What happened to your leg?" He asked, pointing to my cast and changing the subject which I was thankful for.

"Umm, let's just say there may or may not be a huge ass hole in your bathroom door." I chuckled.

"No! You didn't break your foot saving me. What about football?" He questioned, clearly more upset about the situation than I was.

"Your life is more important than anything in the world. And hey, football was never my endgame." I assure him, sitting in the chair beside his bed.

"I just want to go home." Gaten complained.

"When can you go home?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." He answered.

"Hold on a second."

Losers

Caleb😑- Guys, is there any way you'd let Gaten into our friend group

Jackie Boo- I don't see why not

No-No🏈- I thought he already was in our group

Caleb😑- I just thought he could use a few friends

No-No🏈- Fine with me

Drama Queen- Yeah he can join, the more the merrier

Finnlard- Yeah, I guess so. I'll give him my oh so kind welcome