twenty five - unreal

——-

   You were expecting to wake up from this dream any minute now, constantly telling yourself that this could not be real. The sound of his voice echoing softly all through the small room had your heart melting. Your head rested on his shoulder and you felt the warmth of his body against yours as you both sat in the karaoke room, his fingers intertwined with yours as he continued to sing. But everything continued to seem too unreal.

     "I keep thinking I'm going to wake up soon. . ." you whispered, a part of you hoping he hadn't heard.

    He stopped singing and turned towards you, gently tucking his shoulder against your head. "What are you saying silly?"

    This whole thing started out as a fake relationship with a guy who ended up not being anything you imagined. Even though it had been a long and doubtful path, he turned out to be quite damn amazing. But you'd never imagined that your fake relationship would become any more than that, and maybe this was just some crazy dream.

   He bit your cheek softly and took you by surprise.

     "What the heck was that for?" you laughed.

    "See, you're not dreaming," he chuckled.

    "Usually people pinch you not bite your face, but thanks for the reassurance," you said sarcastically. If you were being honest, you weren't complaining at all.

    He kissed your cheek then where he had bit you and you couldn't help but feel your face become hot for the third time that night.

     "Oh shit! It's 2a.m. and you have your rehearsals early tomorrow," you tugged at his arm but he didn't seem phased at all at the mention of how late it had gotten, instead he just continued staring at you with a sweet expression, almost examining every part of your face.

    "W-what?" you hadn't meant to stutter but his dark eyes piercing basically into your soul did that to you.

    "You're so beautiful," he suddenly said in an almost whisper-tone.

    Your heart beat inside your chest and you were sure that he could see how red your face had become. You were left completely speechless. Just the way he was staring at you and the way he had said those three simple words had left you completely still.

     The ring from his phone had managed to bring you back together but he continued to look at you even as he answered the phone.

    "Ah, yeah we'll be out in 5 minutes," he said to the phone and hung up.

     You broke away your eyes from his and stood up putting on your jacket. "How are you going to manage all that practicing so early in the morning when you just wasted it here? It's 2a.m!"

    "You're already starting to sound like my girlfriend huh?" he winked and stood up. "And besides, it was worth it."

   He had walked you to your door and made sure you got to your room safely which was so cute of him showing this caring side and he had kissed you goodnight. It was a fairy tale romance come true and you could not believe the day you had had as you closed the door behind you after watching his figure disappear into the dark hallway. It was still very unreal but for a while you had never felt as happy as you did in that very moment.