Ten: The Epilogue

[A.N.] Here's a final New Year's Eve addition on New Year's Eve— I think it's pretty cool. I wanted to get this done by my birthday and it ended perfectly. :)
________________________________________________________________________________________________

*New Year's Eve*

"The ball's gonna drop in an hour!" Pete called. "Hon, c'mon!"

"I'm coming!" Mikey called back, running through the door of his room, buttoning up his shirt quickly and shutting the door behind him by bumping it with his hip. Pete grinned in admiration.

"I love the outfit," He commented. "I mean, the shirt, the jeans, the ring..."

"Yeah, yeah," Mikey playfully rolled his eyes. "You got me a gorgeous ring. Try and be a little modest."

"Let me see it again," Pete asked, reaching for Mikey's left hand and holding it up gently so he could see the elegant diamond atop the band around Mikey's ring finger. "Yeah, I think I made a good choice."

"The ring or me?" Mikey laughed, wrapping Pete up tightly in his arms.

"Both." Pete cupped Mikey's face in his hands and tiptoed up to kiss him gently on the mouth.

"Wait." Mikey stopped the kiss prematurely. "We don't have time for this."

"You're right." Pete separated from Mikey, fixing his outfit quickly. "We should be going. Patrick! Gerard!"

"They're in the living room," Mikey corrected. "Gerard!"

"Shh!" Gerard shushed aggressively. "Don't wake him up!"

Mikey walked briskly to the couch in the living room to see Gerard sitting daintily on the couch, Patrick resting his head on Gerard's lap, snoozing softly.

"Aww," Mikey gushed softly. "That's sweet."

Gerard smiled softly and blushed, running a hand through Patrick's hair gently.

"It is sweet."

"Is he sleeping again?" Pete asked, walking into the room and standing next to Mikey. "I swear, he's narcoleptic."

"No, that's probably my fault," Gerard sighed, his voice hushed. "I mean, I did keep him up pretty late last night—"

"Woah!" Mikey halted the conversation right there. "Gerard, stop—"

"What?" Gerard laughed. "I was gonna say I woke him up at two in the morning and took him for ice cream. Nothing you can't hear."

"Oh," Mikey sighed with relief. "I thought you were gonna say—"

"—what happened after we got home?" Gerard grinned smugly. "Nah."

"I know you're messing with me, but stop." Mikey warned.

"Okay, okay," Gerard sighed, with a soft chuckle. "I've just gotta wake him up. I don't want to, though. Who could possibly disturb him while he's sleeping?"

"Hey!" Pete shouted, rushing back in, a bowl of candy canes in his arm, throwing a bunch of them at Patrick. "Patrick, wake your narcoleptic ass up!"