Chapter 14

Cameron's pov

Ali was groaning in the back seat of the car. We were almost at the hospital but as each minute passed I was getting more and more worried. We pulled up to the back of the hospital and Beth and a bunch of doctors came rushing towards us. They put Ali up on a stretcher and hooked her up to an IV. A bunch of surgeons then came and pulled the stretcher with them to the operation room. "She needs immediate surgery one of them said." I gulped. Surgery. I followed quickly behind them and so did Beth. She kept telling Ali that everything was going to be ok and that we were here with her. Ali gave a slight nod and fell asleep. We were in front of the door and they pushed her all the way in and closed the door.

Beth was on the chair crying and talking to her boss. I was pacing back and forth. It's a habit that occurs when I'm nervous. I kept thinking to myself and hopefully not aloud. Wow, how can such an amazing day turn inside out and up side down? I mean Ali just became my girlfriend and I became her boyfriend the day that now I know we have been waiting for since we meet and now look, she's in the hospital I kept pacing back and forth when Beth said "So you finally maned up and did it?" was I thinking aloud? "umm ya how did you know?" Beth smiled. That was a good thing then she said "you were thinking aloud again. You really have to learn to control it." I smiled and then kept pacing back and forth.

I looked at Beth and she looked like she was about to fall apart I sat down next to her and put my hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. Ali's a strong girl she's going to be okay." I gave her a reassuring smile and then she broke down right in front of my eyes. Strong big sister Beth broke down.

Beth's pov

I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't stay strong. I was 19 years old and my sister is in an operating room. I just broke down. I couldn't hear anything but I knew Cameron was there. Knowing he is there for Ali makes me feel a bit better but I still couldn't stop crying. I know Cameron is trying to comfort me but I can't hear him. He wraps his arms around me and told me it's alright and everything will be ok. That Ali was in good hands but how did he know? I felt a bit better now that I can hear what Cameron was saying. When I finally stopped crying Cameron let go of me and looked at me worriedly. I love Cameron. He's such a loving and caring person and I'm happy he's here for Ali. I smile and tell Cameron not to worry about me that I'll be fine Cameron blew a sigh of relief and then we both sat there in silence. I asked Cameron if I should get u a some coffee and right away he said no for me to stay here just in case there will be an update and he'll get it. I smiled and he left for the cafeteria. Once he left it seemed oddly quiet so I hummed to myself until I see him again. He came back holding two coffees and he handed me one. I thanked him and began to sip. That was when the operation room door opened.

Ali's pov

I was asleep. I know I was because I heard voices around me but I couldn't see where they were coming from. I heard Beth's and Cameron's. They were with me. All around me was a suffocating darkness. I couldn't see anything except a small white light. I knew that where I needed to reach to wake up. I kept fighting the darkness but it was to suffocating I had to think of something to help me push forward. I thought of Beth but that wasn't strong enough. Then I remembered that me and Cameron were boyfriend and girlfriend. I heard him talking to me and telling me to stay strong so I pushed forward.

I kept pushing and pushing and pushing. The white light seemed to be getting closer and closer. I reached for it I only had a bit more left to go I reached for it and I was washed with the whiteness. I had a huge sense of relief and I opened my eyes. There in front of me were the two people I loved most. Beth and Cameron.

A/N: Hey everyone I don't know if any of you checked my message board but I am getting a new phone and hopefully iCloud will remember my password because some hijacked into the email I used for wattpad and I don't remember my password. I love ya all and if I make a new account I will let you know. Check my message board frequently and don't forget to vote and comment. love all of you and thanks for all the love and support! Xoxo Naomi

Qotd: Do you know someone who has had surgery?