"Date at the Frozen Oval"

"Justin, do NOT let go of me, I'm serious!" You yell. You slowly make your way around the Frozen Oval, holding onto his hand tightly. Justin laughs, "Baby, you gotta learn how to skate sometime or another if you're gonna marry this crazy hockey-obsessed Canadian!" You smile. He'd proposed to you in the most adorable way possible. The two of you were at a concert. Drake, to be specific. And he had you called up onstage, then he followed you up there and bent down on one knee and popped out the ring. It was beautiful.
"Justin, I can't even tell you how many times my dad has tried to teach me to skate and I just keep falling flat on my face."
"I'm going to teach you today, I promise."
"Well, we'll see about that, pretty boy."
"I'm about to let go of your hand now, you ready?"
Justin smiles that goofy smile. You roll your eyes.
"Fine, but you better be there to catch me if I start to tip over, or fall, or glide away... into the very middle of the circle... where no one can reach me... oh, Justin."
"Baby, you'll be fine." Justin lets go of your hand. You slowly start to glide. "How am I moving, even when my feet aren't?"
"Ice, love. The blades on your skates are sliding on the ice."
You start to lose control when you hit a little bump in the ice.
"Justin! Justin! Ugh. I think I'm gonna fall. I'm totally falling! Ah!" Then, you regain balance as quickly as you lost it. Justin laughs. He says he told you you'd be fine. "Now, try and move your legs a little. I'm right behind you."
You take a small step, lose balance and fall right on your butt. "Ow! What did I tell you? Let's go home." You're a little pissed that he didn't catch you. Justin looks down at you from above.
"Babygirl?"
"Yes, Justin?"
"We aren't leaving this ice rink until you get up off your pretty little ass and learn how to skate. Trust me, you're gonna fall many more times and it may hurt but you gotta deal with it if you wanna succeed."
You get up off the ice with his help. After a bunch more tries, a million more falls, and a lot of words of encouragement from Justin, you're skating like a pro. 😃