Wolf Eyes

"How was your summer Morgan?" Katherine asked as we walked back into school on the first day after summer vacation.

We were seniors now. The oldest. The ones everyone looked up to. The example setters.

"The same as every other summer.  Parents dropped their kids like hot potatoes to go off and do what ever they do over the summer." I say as I walk up to her locker.

She chuckled, "Not what I meant and you know that." She said pointing her finger at her.

"How is he?" I asked her frowning.

"Hmm?"

"Your brother. Is he ok?"

"Oh yeah he's fine. He's just a bit shaken." She looked at the ground as if forgetting I was there.

"He's like the rest of us now." She mumbled.

I looked at her in confusion.

"What?"

Her head snapped up to me, "oh I'm sorry. You know me being overdramatic as usual."

I nodded. 

"Talk to your aunt lately?" I asked her to lighten the mood.

"Yeah actually. True story ,well at least according my aunt. You know Bonnie Bennett. The Bennet witches. From vampire diaries?" She asked and I nodded as we headed towards my locker.

"Well they based her family history off of real bloodlines. Turns out I am the descendants of one of the bloodlines of witches that fled Salem during the witch trials."

I stopped walking, "Holy shit Kathy.  That's awesome. And to top it all off, your names Katherine. Your life revolves around that show."

"It's so sad it ended," She said frowning.

We arrived at my locker and she leaned against the locker beside mine.

"So I'll ask again. How was your summer?" Katherine kept pushing.

"Fine," I said turning to her, "Julien's... great."

She smiled.

"Are you guys actually dating now?" She asked.

I laugh, "No. but he's not a bad guy. Just not my type."

"What's your type then?"

"I'm not sure but it's not Julien. I've known him for too long."

"Nothing new?"

"Exactly! He's to familiar. He's like my brother at this point."

"So you want fresh meat?" Katherine said crossing her arms and cocking her eyebrow. 

"I guess?" I said shrugging. "Can we get off this topic we're so not passing the bechdal test with this conversation."

"Haha," she said sarcastically, "what subject do you have first?"

"Maths."

"English."

"Well I guess we'll see each other when we see each other." I said shutting my locker.

"Yeah. Later." 

Katherine walked down the hall towards her class. She always liked to get there before the first bell.

I put my phone in my back pocket and head upstairs to my own class.
*****

I was now in Gym and Katherine was talking with me.