Chapter XIII

Sawyer PoV

Morgan's party was a complete disaster.

After she rushed off to the bathroom Cora decided to follow after her sister and handed the knife to me asking to continue cutting the cake.

I nodded and walked towards the cake. I cut a slice for the strawberry blonde girl standing beside me.

I handed her the cake and spoke, "Don't I know you?" I ask as I handed it to her.

"Yeah, I'm Morgan's friend, Jenna, Jenna Webster." She said reaching out her hand.

"Sawyer Kline."

"Oh, like Calvi-"

"Hey Jen, nice to see you but I have to speak to Sawyer." Cora said with an untouched slice of cake in her hand. 

"Oh sorry," she said and walked away.

"Don't give anyone anymore cake. It's packed with wolfsbane. We need to clear out this place NOW so I can get her home to our doctor." She informed barely a whisper.

"Ok." I answered. It was surprisingly easy for her to make me comply.

"Good, you go get her, I'll do the rest."

I nodded and headed off to the bathrooms to find her laying on the floor knocked out.

"Oh shit." I say as I kneel beside her.

"Morgan, sweetie please, wake up." I said but as I tried to pick her up her back arched and she took in a deep gasp. Her eyes however is what caught my attention.

They were blue. Not grey like they should've been since her family was apparently lone wolves.

Let me explain. Wolves are ranked by eye colour. This goes:

The Queen: Multicoloured. She has the colour of every Wolf's eyes in her's to represent the wolf's from everywhere, even rouges.

Royal Alpha - Purple
Alpha - Red
Beta - Green
Gamma and Delta - Yellow
Pack Members - Hazel
Omegas - Grey
Rouges and Lone wolfs - Black

And I bet you'd never guess what royal eyes are.

Yup that's right, blue. They're blue.

I hesitantly cradled Morgan and walked her outside. Cora has already cleared the entire room and was outside ready to go when I came out.

I opened her door and gently rest Morgan in the back before climbing in.

"Took you long enough. Jeez. I was ready to come in for her myself." She said slowly backing out.

I looked at the speedometer on the car and then back at Morgan.

"Yeah um Cora. No disrespect but I'd pick up the pace a bit. She's poisoned." I said cradling Morgan's beautiful head.

"Don't worry. She won't die," Cora said confidently, "I know you saw her eyes."

That time it was softer, more vulnerable.

"Yeah. I did. Where you guys gonna tell me?" I asked.

"You would've found out eventually. You're still very fresh. We're not sure about you," she said still staring at the open road.

"I have a few questions though. Like how could I not tell it was her at the ball? She's my mate. And also, what do you mean she won't die? It's wolfsbane."