Wolf Eyes. Chaper I

The new kid. The guy of my dreams. Sawyer was my partner for the entire semester.

I think I'm gonna pass out.

I blink really quickly and stand in my spot shell shocked as Sawyer walked past me towards an empty table where we were basically surrounded by people I knew or was acquainted to.

I stop blinking and walk behind him towards the lab table sitting near the window.

I can't speak English. Je ne parle pas français.

I'm completely mute.

I looked out the window at the trees and sky relishing how quiet it looked.

"You like to woods don't you?" Sawyer asked and I turned my head to him, nodding.

"I like nature on the whole. There's just something about it. Actually my whole family is like that."

"Oh. D-Do you have a special place? In the woods? Just where you like to be?"

"Yeah. What about you? Do you like the woods?"

He nodded, "In Australia I was always in the woods. It almost cost me my life a few times."

"How?" I asked intrigued.

"Snakes, spiders, other deadly animals." He shrugged.

"Have you found a place here yet?" I asked.

"Not yet but I was looking at an area a few days ago."

"Oh... cool. Can I ask something?" I said looking at him curiously.

"You just did but sure."

"Why did you move? And not only that but seven of you guys? That's a lot of people going somewhere, especially if they aren't related."

He chuckled nervously, "Our families work for the same company. They were all relocated here."

"Ok." I said, "I don't believe you fully but ok."

He chuckled again and I smiled.

He was cute. Really cute.

"Ms. McCoy, Mr. Kline, would you like to tell us what's so funny?" Mrs. D asked.

"Sorry ma'am." We said in unison.

I looked at Katherine to see her smirking at me and I stuck my tongue out at her before looking down at my book.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"You two would be cute together." Katherine said as we walked out of the school and through the parking lot with me.

"Kathy, we just met, hold your horses."

"So. It could be love at first sight." She said clasping her hands together.

"Shut up you weirdo." I said nudging her.

She laughed as I heard my name being called.

I turned around to see Sawyer jogging towards me.

"Yes?" I questioned fixing my bag strap.

"Yeah I was wondering since we're lab partners, maybe we could exchange phone numbers?" He said scratching the back of his neck.