Wolf Eyes Chapter XII

Morgan PoV

"Julian what is going on?" I asked. He had taken me home rushed me to get ready for god knows what. Then he practically threw me into his car and blindfolded me.

"Don't worry you're gonna love it." He said as he lead me so I didn't completely kill myself somehow.

But honestly, would that even be that bad? I mean I wouldn't have to worry about whatever is happening to my body. Or about accidentally telling someone who I really am, or what I am.

"We're here." Julien said standing behind me with his hands on my hips. He gently let go, untying the blindfold and taking it off.  

I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes to the light and looked around.

Everything was in hyper focus. I could literally see Corbin's pores. He needs to go to a dermatologist.

"Surprise!" They shouted and I clutched my ears, pain written on my face.

Jeez did they not know how loud they were.

Julien leaned down to me, " Happy Birthday." He whispered kissing my cheek.

Even with his whisper it sounded so loud.

I nodded and walked away from him.

Thatcher caught up to me, "Don't worry, everything's ok. It's just your senses kicking in."

"How did you-"

"Your entire face when he took of the blindfold. Then when we said surprise. But I do wanna know if your other senses are coming in or just those."

"Huh?" I questioned as he took my arm and twisted it behind me.

"Ow you big fuck." I said.

"Ok so definitely no reflexes." He whispered, "what about smell? Can you smell what's happening in the kitchen right now?"

I sniffed slightly, "No."

He nodded, "Taste? Here." He said handing me a candy from the centre table. "Try this."

I took it and shrugged, "They taste he same as usual."

"Ok. That means you're no where near actually shifting you're body's just getting ready for it. Or at least that's how it is for wolves like me." He answered.

I nodded and continued eating the candy when Julien called me.

"Yo Morgan, Come here." I turned and walked to him.

"Yeah?"

"You have to cut your cake." He said smiling.

"Already? I just got here."

"Cora has an entire schedule to today and this comes first." He explained. 

"Ok." I nodded. I knew not to get between Cora and her schedules. He handed me a knife bigger than my head and started filming.

"Go." He instructed, "Do you need help?"

"She's not two." I heard Sawyer's voice say from behind me.