chapter 16

Zachs P.O.V

We all have our secrets.

We all have our reasons for pain.

My story started right when I was born.

Well technically when I was made.

My mom found out she was pregnant by accident.

Her doctor realized something was wrong with her emotions and the way she described the pain she felt.

She took a test, and was pregnant, with me ,her little mistake.

That's what they called me.

"Hows the mistake growing?"

"How old is the mistake?"

My mom got kicked out if her house at 17 because  of me.

So she got revenge and kicked me out of her life.

I went into foster care when I was 1 and a half.

Of course, being "the little mistake" no one wanted me.

I was literally a number.

729 to be exact.

[a/n if you guys know why that number is an important number I will love you forever]

And no one wanted a number.

No one wanted a boy.

So I thought my story was the universes way of saying I shouldn't be alive.

At the age of six I tried to commit.

Six. Not 11, or 13. Six.

When my breath kept breathing I started scraping.

And I still wasn't satisfied with the pain.

So I drew with a small pocket knife I stole from a foster parent.

Then one morning when I was 12, I decided to find my mom. I still had no parent. A regular kid passing houses and skipping school. I walked to the library from the care center and logged on to a random account.

I didn't know where to start. Should I search the name I didn't have?

The last name I'd only just discovered?

I started with that. a couple FaceBook pages popped up but no one I recognized.

I didn't see a resemblance to myself.

Then one name popped up on the last page of profiles.

Christine Collwell.

She had my eyes, lips, and forehead.

She was pretty.

And she lived 10 miles away in the next town over.

I clicked on her profile and read her story..

She had a daughter not too long after dropped me from her life. And she proved my point about people only wanting girls.

I slammed the computer shut I anger and raged out.

That noon I walked ten miles over to the place that started my madness.

To my mother.

I looked at the house that bared resemblance to the one in the picture. I walked up the jagged steps, and knocked.

"MOM SOMEONES AT THE DOOR!" A girl about my age screamed.

"WELL IM KIND OF ON THE PHONE! GET YOUR LAZY BUTT OFF OF YOUR PHONE AND GET IT!" My mom yelled.

I heard angry footsteps.

"What? No we don't want the newspaper, no popcorn anything your selling we don't want." The tall brown haired girl crossed her arms and leaned against the door frame.

"Im not selling anything." I said.

"Then what is a young boy like you doing here? Are you new..." Her eyes widened and she closed the door slightly.

"Did you hear the rumors because they're not true." Her eyes watered.

"What? No! I'm here because, I-I-Im your brother." She slammed the door and I heard sobs.

I waited a couple minutes before leaving. Was she getting my mom? Were they packing up to leave?

The door squeaked open and her eyes were puffy.

"Mom leaves in five minutes. Wait in the backyard behind the willow tree till her car is gone. Then sneak up to my window' there is a balcony with a latter just go up there."

I followed her instructions and sure enough her- our mom left within five minutes.

I climbed up too her room  and knocked on the window.

She pulled me in and sat on her bed. Still teary.

"How?' she finally sighed after five minutes of very awkward silence

"I don't know why she kept you and not me. She had you at 19 right? Two years after me. That would make you 10 now." I figured.

"Shes still the same. I-if your wondering, nothings changed since she left  you."

"If we are gonna get too know each other I think names might be important." I laughed trying to rid the subject.

"Jessica."

"Zach."

"Im depressed." she said.

"Same."

But I knew that meeting her, something would change, and it definitely did.

A/N ooooohhhhh

so now you know a little bit more about Zach right? hopefully? well sorry I haven't updated in like a year....

ilygsm!

xoxoxooxoxoxoxxooooxoxoxoox~ Jessica lee