Chapter 2

Justin showed me where our first class was, after that we drifted apart. We didn't have many other class together, we did have the last one together. Literature.
I walked in, picking a seat in the back. I see Justin walks in, he takes a seat in the front, not even noticing.
The class went by like any other class, when the final bell rang, I was one of the firsts to get out. I walked out of the classroom. As i did I hear Justin call my name.
Justin: "Hey, Raegan. Wait up"
I wait outside till he comes out of the classroom.
Me: "Justin hey"
Justin: "Hey, thought I'd catch you at lunch, couldn't find you"
Me: "Oh yeah, I skipped lunch, went to the school library to find this book"
Justin: "Oh, hey well I just wanted to see what's up, and give you this"
Justin hands me a piece of paper. I open it, there was a number written on the inside of it.
Me: "What's this?"
Justin: ""Oh my number"
Me: "Oh okay"
Justin: "I mean your new and stuff so in case you want someone to hang out with just, shoot me a text or something"
Me: "Yeah, totally I'll do that"
Justin: "Okay... well I have to get going I have this thing with Ally"
Me: "Okay, yeah, catch up with you later"
Justin: "Bye"
Justin smiled and walked away, I stared down at the number, then shoved it in my pocket and walk outside, where my mom was parked out front. I get in the car.
Mom: "So how was your first day?!"
Me: "Eh, it was okay I guess"
Mom: "Meet any friends?!"
Me: "Um kind of, well one"
Mom: "Okay what's their name?!"
Me: "Mom!"
Mom: "Okay, okay"
My mom starts the car and drives off, the rest of the way home was pretty silent. We got home and i start walking up the stairs.
Mom: "Raegan"
Me: "Yeah"
Mom: "Room, needs unpacking"
Me: "I have a lot of homework, I'll do it tomorrow"
Mom: "Fine, just go finish your homework then"
Me: "That's what I'm going to do"
Mom: "Alright, well I'll be down here if you need me"
Me: "Mhm"
I tuned around, walking up the stairs to my room. I lied I didn't actually have homework, I had none for that matter. I just wasn't in the mood to unpack.
I get up stairs looking around my room. There were boxes everywhere. I decided to just stack them all up on the back wall, after that my room looked somewhat decent.
I decide to hook the tv up, which did mean looking through boxes to find the cords, but I found them pretty fast.
After it was hooked up I grabbed some clothes, and went to go take a shower. I was in there a while, just letting the hot water run down my back.
But after a while the water got cold so I got out putting on a lose binder, with a t shirt and basketball shorts.
I walk over and lay down on my bed. It was only about 6, too early to go to bed.
I turn on the tv watched whatever that was on, but after about 5 minutes that got pretty boring, so I just turned it off.
I look around my room trying to figure out what to do.
Back in Maryland, I had two people that were actually my friends that I'd hang out with when I'm bored, but they're too far away to just have them come over.
I look over at my jacket that was on the floor, I walked over picking it up, then taking the piece of paper that had Justin's number on it.
I walk back over to my bed, pulling my phone out typing Justin's number in, then I shoot him a text.
*Hey Justin, it's me Raegan*
I stared at the phone for a little bit after hitting send, no respond, I put my phone in my bed getting up. Then I hear my phone go off.
I quickly grab it off my bed sitting down.
Justin: *Hey*
I quickly texted him back.
*Whatcha up to?*
"Me? Nothing much, just got home. You?*
Me: "Um nothing either, bored ig*
Justin and I kept texting each other for what felt like hours, and at some point the conversation got more personal, just talking more about each other.
By the end of the night, we were best friends.
Eventually I fell asleep, and he did too. I new I fell asleep first cause I woke up to a bunch of texts from him, saying random stuff, I thought I was funny, and kind of cute.
I stared at the couple messages he sent, then put my phone down and got ready for the day, it was Friday.
I know I start school and then bam! Here the weekend is. But hey, I'm by mad about it.
Once I was ready I grab my backpack from my door handle and walk downstairs into the kitchen, where my mom was putting things in her purse.
Mom: "Almost ready for school?"
Me: "Oh, I'm ready"
Mom: "Okay, just give me a sec"
My mom says waking out of the room.
Mom: "And eat something"
Me: "Yes mother"
I look around the kitchen, and I end up jus grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl, eating it right away.
About a minute later my mom comes back into the room.
Mom: "Ready?"
Me: "Mhm"
I say biting one last bite of my apple before throwing it into the trash can.
We walk outside getting in the car, and my mom drops me off at school. I get in heading to my locker getting my books for first period.