Chapter 9

I let go of his hand, and then kept quest for the rest of lunch. But soon it was over and we all went to our class.
The rest of the day went by pretty fast. I head to my locker to put my books away. I check my phone and see that I had a text from Justin.
*had to leave school early, so just come right over*
Okay, I thought. I put the rest of my books away and head outside. My mom picked me up and dropped me off at Justin's.
I go knock on the door and Justin's Dad lets me in, going up stairs. I walk up there knocking on the door.
Justin: "Who is it?"
Me: "Um, Raegan"
Justin: "Oh yeah come in"
I walk in, closing the door behind me.
Me: "Are you okay?"
Justin: "Me?"
Me: "Yeah"
Justin: "I'm fine"
He said giving me a confused look.
Me: "Well you said you had to leave school early"
Justin: "Oh dentist appointment"
Me: "Oh, okay"
I walk over to Justin sitting down next to him.
He puts his head on my shoulder, and I wrap my arms around him, then he wraps his arms around around me. Then we both lay back.
Wait, so he'll be cute, wanting to be couple just in private. I mean I got that he wanted it on the down low, but I didn't want that anymore.
Me: "Can I ask you something"
Justin: "Sure"
Me: "Can we come out yet? Like tell people, I tried holding your hand today, but you didn't want to, and I just don't want to hid anymore"
Justin: "Oh, well I just don't want to-"
Me: "Yeah I know, cause you just broke up with Ally"
Justin: "I'm over her, I could care less"
Me: "Then what are you waiting for?"
Justin: "Its just I don't want to be out"
I take a minute to understand what he said, then I let go of him sitting up.
Me: "You just don't want people to know you're gay"
I looked at Justin, he didn't say anything after I said that, it must have been true.
Me: "Wow, okay"
I stand up, getting off his bed.
Justin: "I just don't want to be bullied and stuff, I don't think I could do that"
Me: "You know I came out a long time ago, and had boyfriends, yeah I got bullied but i didn't care cause I was with a boy I wanted to be with. And out of all the boys I've been with, you're the one that makes me feel special, and I can't even tell anyone about it"
Justin: "Raegan I understand that, I just don't think I could go through that"
Me: "Well then call me when you can.."
After that I walk out of the room, I can hear Justin yell my name.
Justin: "Raegan wait"
I didn't really care, I kept walking, and started walking home.
I get home, my mom asking how my day was, I just shook my head walking upstairs.
She didn't ask questions, over time she became less and less of a helicopter parent, which I'm definitely glad of.
I get up stairs, closing my door. I get out of my jeans into some comfy pants, throwing on a hoodie. Then I lay down, and just lay there for a while thinking.
The afternoon went by fast, with me allaying there in my bed. It got darker and darker out, and eventually I fall asleep.
I wake up in the middle of the night, I looked over at my phone, it's read, 1:28.
I scrolled down, to see hundreds of texting messages from Justin. Okay well maybe it wasn't a hundred, but it was a lot.
I opened my phone, going to my messages, reading the text messages.
*Raegan can we just talk*
*Listen I don't think that people with accept me with being gay*
*I mean, I want to be with you, I just, I really don't know*
*I'm most likely saying all the wrong thing, but please just answer*
I read them, then over again, but I just put my phone back on my night stand, going back to sleep.
One I was still tired, and two, I still didn't know how to do with the situation.
I wake up to the sound of my alarm, for some reason I felt really tired.
I turn my alarm off, picking up my phone.
There's one more text from Justin.
*I know you're reading these Raegan, please answer*
I had my fingers over the keyboard, I was going to say something, but then I put my phone down and got ready for school.
When getting ready, I had things race through my head.
I get ready, then my mom drives me over to school. I tuned the corner to see Justin waiting at my locker, he doesn't see me, so I turn and walk the other way. I decide to go to the library and just wait in there for first period.
Waiting there in the library was the longest period ever, finally I heard the bell ring. And I rushed off to my next class. The morning went by and I headed to lunch. I walk in the lunch room. Walking towards the food. When I spot Justin sitting on one of the tables. As soon as he sees me, and smiles. I just didn't smile back, instead I tuned around, and started to head for the way out.
I had my back tuned to Justin, when I hear his voice loudly.
Justin: "Hey, hey, can I have everyone's attention"
I stop turning around, looking at him. He was standing on one of the lunch tables.
I look at him, then he looks at me and smile.
The whole cafeteria went quiet.
Justin: "I want to confess something... I'm um, I'm gay"
I look at him, with a bit of a smile.
I then looked around at the crowd, everyone looked shocked, but no one said anything.
Justin: "And I want to say something else, I like this boy, his names Raegan"
At that point I froze and all eyes moved to me.
Justin: "Raegan, will you be my boyfriend.. again"
I smiled, shaking my head yes, that's when Justin came down from the table, running to me giving me a hug.
That's when the whole cafeteria when out, people cheering and clapping.
I looked at Justin.
Me: "Justin, you didn't have to do all that"
Justin: "Well, I did, and now we don't have to hide anything anymore"