Dedicated Chapter 1:

Saturday (Around March)

-HANJI-

"No not again."

I glanced at the slow flow of cars, giving me a bad morning. I will be late again at the library.

At last the traffic went smooth after five minutes. Fortunately, I was able to find a vacant parking space for my car. After stopping first to the main office, I went straight to the librarian's desk. No, not to ask for books. I am a part-time librarian!

"Miss Zoe!"

A man in cleaning uniform is walking towards here. It's Hannes, a personnel of the library. I remembered that we agreed that the one who arrives late will give a treat.

"I know, I know. Are rum and beer enough? Not only for you of course."

"Fine by me. Nine in the evening at Attack House"

"Deal" I nodded.

Me and Hannes were drinking buddies since I became a part-time librarian. Also, he was my schoolmate (my senior actually) during high school and belongs to my circle of friends. I shooed him away to prevent being yelled by people to shut me up even it's not new to them that I'm the only librarian who is loud and talkative.

It's already 24 minutes past 8 in the morning so I fixed my things and turned on the computer. I looked from left to right and saw that more people are coming in which is common because it's Saturday. A Saturday to do loads of home works. I saw familiar faces who regularly come here. Speaking of, one suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Sister Bookworm, I can't find this book."

"What is it, Brother Bookworm?" I asked Armin as he showed a paper. I read the paper.

"Ocean Series: Fishes"

He really likes the ocean huh?

"Oh Armin! Are you going to be a marine biologist?" I asked as I type the title in the computer.

"I guess so." Armin blushed rubbing the back of his head.

"Okay, here you go. Science Section, Shelf 44."

"Thanks!" He waved off.

But few minutes later, Armin came back saying the book was not there.

"Each book here has at least 3 copies. And the copies of the book that you want might be in use right now." I said to Armin as I stand up to help him find the book.

Armin followed me to the Science Section and looked at the nearby shelves where it can be misplaced. After making inquiries, we found that only 2 copies are in use so the third copy of the book should just be here somewhere. About 5 minutes later, we still can't find it. I told Armin to read other books instead. We're already walking back when I caught a glimpse of the book above a reading table.

"Armin, the book is here!" I called Armin and pointed out the book to him.

I noticed that the book is now wet with spills and a cup of coffee is sitting beside it. Never I have seen books as rags for spills.

I'll spill my rage to the one who did this!

"Excuse me everyone, can you please point out to me who did this?" I tried to keep my voice cool as I asked the people around the vicinity.

"Miss librarian, he is talking to the window!" The little boy with a hood pointed to the near the window. I saw a guy near the window and he's not actually talking to the window but having a phone call.