CH-2 The Festival

Jenny•

Darks spots wandered in front of my eyes as I almost lost my consciousness. All I remember was the man being torn away from me when I allowed darkness to consume me.

I opened my eyes to a blinding white light and tried to sit up.
"Jenny, can you hear me?"

A pair of strong arms grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in sitting position. A very worried Samuel eyed me and Mrs Anderson bursted into the room.

"Are you feeling better?" She asked as she sat beside me putting her soft arms around my shoulders.

Instantly the terrorizing memories came back rushing into my mind. A sob escaped my lips as I whispered, "That man..."

"I killed him." Samuel stated as if it was nothing. My eyes flew to him as his eyes turned red with anger.

"He put a hand on you and I broke his neck." He yelled.

"You reached on time. I wonder what would have happened if you haven't." I whispered, still remembering the man's words.

Samuel stood up and stormed out of the room. I knew he was afraid of that thought too.

Mrs Anderson squeezed my hand as she pulled me in for a hug.

I couldn't get those memories, those words out of my head. Nightmares started that night. Even though I knew he was dead, I feared he would come back and touch me again.

I couldn't sleep whole night so I got up
at six and headed to the kitchen. With food prepared, I headed outside to freshen up my mind when I saw someone already occupying the stairs.

I gasped as I saw Samuel sitting outside on the stairs. He turned and looked at me, gesturing me to sit with him.

"You woke up early." I said, not knowing how to start a conversation.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep. Stop thinking about me, how you doing?" He asked looking everywhere other than at me.

"Umm...fine."

"Fine is not the answer here!" He glared at me. There he was, acting like a protective brother again.

"It's better than before. But I can't sleep, I have nightmares."

"Nightmares?"

"I still feel he would come and touch me again." I said as tears made their way into my eyes, falling freely down my cheeks.

Samuel shocked me by brushing the tears away with his thumb, "I killed him, he's not coming back." He whispered, concern flashing in his eyes.

"I know but I still feel that, I can't wash away those memories." I replied.

"Time's going to heal everything. Mom, dad, your friend, Ellie are here with you. Even I'm here, we'll help you heal." He muttered looking straight into my eyes.

I nodded and smiled at him, "Thanks for being such a good brother."
He stiffened and turned his head to the fence outside our house.

"I'm not your brother."

"Then why do you care what happens to me?" I asked with amusement filling my eyes. He groaned and stood back storming back into the house.

He didn't answer, but I knew he cared. He was a good brother, even if not by blood. Sometimes relations by heart were stronger than blood relations.

"Jenny Benny! I'm here!" Ellie's voice boomed in the house as she hopped and made her way inside

She pounced on me as if a hungry person pouncing on his food.

"Baby! How you doing? I missed you, you know?"

"Babe I missed you too!" I cooed dramatically, ruffling her hair.

Soon Ellie and I were sitting with arms wrapped around each other's neck. Ellie was my best friend since we found each other in a park. Mrs Anderson brought me there to play with other kids when I found Ellie fighting with a boy.

"So how is my girlfriend doing?"  She asked as she popped a gum in her mouth.

"Fine."

"You and I know you are not. So spill!" She stated as she looked for another gum.

"It's better than before. I'm just trying to forget what happened."

"I know, we'll do it together. Okay?"
I nodded as I smiled at her.

Samuel made his way into the kitchen as he looked from Ellie to me.
"Girls, there is a festival coming up soon. Want to join me there?"

"Me too?" I asked him still unsure why would he ask me.

"Yeah, I think I said that to you both and that surely includes you." He stated and walked out.

Just as Samuel was outside, Ellie jumped from the kitchen slab and cheered, "Yey! We are going and I'm not asking you for permissions!"

She twirled as a goofy grin occupied her face.

Hola readers!Thanks for reading this piece of work

Hola readers!
Thanks for reading this piece of work.
Vote, comment and share
I luv u all!
-JoJo