Chapter Thirteen: Soft and Gentle

His alarm clock woke him up. He shut it off, the silence and last night's events created a concoction that brought a terrible taste on his lips. Andy just stared at the empty spot on his bed. A memory comes to his head, even though he doesn't want to think, he doesn't want to remember those times. But he can't help it so Andy just closes his eyes, trying to get him out of his head.

* * * * *

Andy had woke up the day after their first time. He admired the cool sheets that touched his bare body cover in blanket and the warm arm that draped over his torso. It felt foreign, to have someone in bed with him, to have someone in his bed. But he wasn't alone. That foreign-feeling pricked his heart and caused a certain kind of warmth to pump through his body. He loved this morning, loved waking up to this. Would he ever get use to this? He hopes not.

When he turns his head from facing the ceiling, Shawn is there, still asleep. Andy felt Shawn's breath on his face, so soft and gentle, just like this moment. Andy just watched him, letting the minutes go by. Until Shawn had stirred awake. Andy smiled at his tired smile, not breaking eye contact.

"Good morning," Andy whispered.

With a smirk, Shawn said: "It's a great morning."

* * * * *

Andy began to cry, the tears coming down fast and his breathing began to hitch. But he never made a sound, the tears rolling down his cheek and soaking in his pillow. Ah, now he knows why he hates mornings. It wasn't because of the smell of coffee his dad made, or because he wasn't a morning person who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. That foreign-feeling feeling foreign again. Andy just stared at that empty spot on his bed, imagining him there.

Merilyn woke up that morning, her head feeling heavy and pulsing. But as she remembered last night's events, the pain ached worse. She hated herself so much. But she remained strong, swallowing painkillers with water, then getting dressed and her applying make-up. She knew she had to make it up to Andy, somehow she was going to do that. Before leaving for school, she took a look at the jar of seashells standing on her desk. It was time to go to school.

Shawn also woke up that morning, taking his time getting ready. He pushed last night out of his thoughts and carried on with his day. He hopped in the car with his parents, going to the hospital. He thought about Andy, taking out and reading Filthy Casuals on the way there. He wasn't going to school today.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Author's Note: Hey guys! So it's been awhile since I published! Sorry about that. Holidays had me busy and then I kind of had a writer's block for a bit. Also, sorry for the short chapter. But I want it to be this short, it just feels better for me, I guess. More coming soon!

And, if you haven't already, don't forget to vote and leave feedback! Everything helps. Add this story to you library to be notified when I publish a new chapter!

See ya.