Chapter 1: This Is My Life

Chapter 1:

My sobs were uncontrollable as I entered the sophisticated, old style mansion. My cries grew louder and louder as I walked into a very dimly lit room. I can't make out what anything is through the darkness and my vision is so distorted from my crystal tears.

"Hazel?" I hear a familiar voice call out to me.

"Nate?" I plead while being cut off by a hiccup, causing me to clasp my hands over my mouth. The dark room was suddenly becoming bright and in the hallway I saw Nate standing tall, his face showing pure shock as he continues to stare over at me. My breaths start becoming deeper and I am trying hard to control it. Nate is beginning to reach his hand out to me and starts walking towards me carefully. I can feel warm tears streaming down my cheeks continuously. Ignoring my surroundings, I start to step back.

"Hazel look at me." I hear him say I peaked my head to see where he was, he was right in front of me. "It's ok. It's ok" my sobs became louder and louder my legs couldn't take it anymore. I collapsed my sobs loud. Arms went around me and it was sat on the floor facing the wall. My legs curled up to the stomach and I rested in Nate's warm strong arms. My head rested on his chest and my arms around my legs. Nate was behind folding me from behind, he was just holding me letting my cry loudly in his arms. The both of us were just in the corner of his foyer. The louder my cries got the more my body was shaking. I was cold but got warmer from his arms holding me. "They're gone" I wept loudly. Nate's chin rested on top of my head, "shhh" he whispered. I didn't know if I could ever stop crying from this.

"It hurts" I said, my breath got heavier and got harder for me to breathe, "It hurts" I repeated. The top of my head where Nate was resting his head had gotten damp. I heard Nate sniff his nose and exhale loudly. He was crying as well. He tightened his grab around me holding me closer.

"I know" he said, "I know it does." I still continued crying. After what felt like awhile I stopped crying but didn't do anything I just sat in the same position in Nate's arm. My body felt numb and I couldn't move or talk at all. It just hurt too much to even do any of those things. My breathing was calmed down but I just felt limp, my eyes were wide open. My tears on my cheeks had dried up and felt numb, I was in shock. Nate moved from behind me and lifted me from the ground. I still couldn't move my body, I just rested my head against his chest and he carried me up his giant stairs, he carried me through giant hallways and entered a massive room. He laid me on a soft comfy bed and pulled my shoes off, I still couldn't move. He pulled a warm thick blanket over my body. I was still in shock. I was all alone, nobody wanted me anymore. Everyone I cared about was gone. As if he read my thoughts I felt a pair of soft lips against my ear and whispered, "I'm still here. And you're not alone." His warm breath made me shiver under the thick blanket. I heard footsteps and the door close the light disappearing from the crack of the door from the hallway making the room dark, no light at all. My crying had made me extremely tried and I let the darkness take over.

5 months ago:

"Hazel can you come here for a second?" Aunt Holly asked when I got home from work.

"Yeah sure" I walked through the small apartment and came to the kitchen. The place wasn't much but we still called it home. Aunt Holly was at the kitchen top cutting some carrots for dinner. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. It seemed a little quite than usual, small living room usually had my little brother watching TV.

"He's at work. He started today" Aunt Holly told me focusing on cutting. She put down her knife and turned to me. "I have to tell you something" She said with a frown. "Well I need you to get another job..." she trailed off.

"Why?" I asked her. I was making good money at the café, it was helping me get closer to getting paying for university and possibly a small place for myself.