Chapter 16: Let The Ball Commence

I was resting peacefully when knocking on the door pulled me out of my sleep. Sophie strolled in the room along with three other people. It was my hair and makeup and clothing team Paula, Johnny and Helen. They all rushed over to me and greeted me once again. I hadn't seen them since my first day of college.

"It's so nice to see you again darling!" Paula says while Johnny hugs me and pulls back kissing me on both of my cheeks.

"It's been too long." Helen says pulling me into her embrace. She looks at her watch saying, "Okay so we have two hours to get you ready and you need a shower right now so shoo!" She pushes me towards the bathroom as the others get all their equipment set out to be ready when I come out.

After my very relaxing shower I get swarmed with everyone trying to get everything sorted out. Johnny takes me over to the vanity table and gets me to sit down and gets started on my hair. It was elegant and simple all at the same time. He styled my hair to the side with the top half pinned to the back and the rest flowing in soft waves down my back. After my hair was done Paula came over to help Johnny with my makeup. It was a natural kind of look but added with a dark pink lipstick. Helen came into the room with my dress in her arms and carrying it into the wardrobe. It was a strapless dress that was a beautiful colour of a dark pinky/purple. The dress was fitted at the top with a heart-shaped neckline and then flared out from my waist down to my ankles.

When I was changed into the dress, I exited the bathroom, I saw that everyone was waiting for me in the bedroom. They all grinned and clapped their hands looking at their work. Sophie sat cross legged on the bed casually taking her phone out and took a quick photo. I smiled and walked over to Helen who gave me my heels. I thanked them all and heard the front door opening downstairs, knowing it would be Nate. Sophie and the others exited while I walked over to the mirror to grab my clutch. I examined myself in the mirror and smiled softly. I started to wonder what I would be doing right now if this never happened. I'd still probably be working at the café right now working a double shift and I'd be trying to look for another job to help out Aunt Holly. But no, instead I'm wearing a dress that I wasn't good enough to wear, let alone even afford such a beautiful thing. I sighed and made my way out of the room. When I get to the bottom of the stairs I see Nate talking on his phone with his back to me. He seems stressed about this whole thing just as much as me.

"Nate?" I call out, he says goodbye to the person he is talking to and puts his phone in his  jacket pocket and turns around. He looks extraordinarily handsome as usual with the fancy black suit with a bow tie, his shoes were very shiny with his hair was styled and pushed to the back. He grinned from ear to ear, trailing his eyes up and down my body. I smile as I feel my cheeks heat up as I cast my eyes down.

"You are radiating with beauty tonight if I do say so myself," he says with that smile still plastered on his face and stalks towards me.

I take his extended hand and grin, "You don't look so bad yourself" I say.

"Shall we go? My mother just called to say that the guest have already started arriving." George opens the door for us as Nate ushers me to the car.

It's not a very long drive but I start to breathe heavily and fiddle with my clutch in my lap as we near the event. Nate grabs my hand in his which automatically calms me down.

"It's going to be alright. We just have to get into the house, then the hard part is done. People will be asking us questions about how we met and all that, so just say that we met in England at a nice fancy restaurant, okay?" Nate asks while I nod my head.

We pull into his parents drive way and see people entering the Blake house. There are about twenty or so paparazzi off to the side of the house. When we stop in front of the house there was valet that came around to Nate's side to take his keys off him to drive the into where ever they put the cars. Nate then puts his arm around my waist when we start to follow others up the walkway. The paparazzi start rushing towards us taking pictures with a blinding flash making me squint my eyes and lower my gaze. I feel Nate's lips press against my temple and his arm tighten around my waist. We continue to walk down towards the doors and ignore the bunch of people yelling questions at us, however the flashes continue to follow us down the path.