Chapter 28

I was still tired and made no move to leave Anna's apartment. It might be just my imagination and she is still the same old Anna I know.

 I have to regain my strength and go back to my father. There is no other place for me.

What's up to him? Power is still off, it is not just technical problem, someone did it on purpose.
A quiet shriek of door startled me. I turn around and see Anna with a small bag in her hands. 

"You are awake, Ms. I brought you some real food and water, what I managed to find. You must be hungry."

"Don't call me 'Ms', Anna. I am not your manager anymore, so you can drop formalities." I said politely.

 I looked at the contents in her bag and saw a bun of simple bread, apple and a bottle of water. Will it last? "You did not need to buy these just for me. They are expensive."

"Don't worry. I know, you can't eat anything else."

"Do .... do you know, what's going on.... out there?"

"Uhmmmm..... crazy things. You won't like, what I will say..." Anna looked at me sadly. "Robots have killed many people in front of your family's company. All street is red from spilled blood. Nothing have been heard from your father either. No one is in sight on 'AmberSol' grounds.... only robots. They have complete control of city's power at the moment and complete power over us. I.... I am afraid to go out. And funniest thing is, that I don't know, who to fear most - robots or people themselves."

      I have been isolated from all the things, while being sick and had no knowledge of the happenings in this city. Sounds like robots have taken control over humans. This is a worst nightmare for me. I can't go out and face them. I am so afraid. And what about Bryce? Where is he? Jessica told me, he is still in Amber. Where? Is he safe? I don't want other robots or people to harm him.

     And my father? Was he killed too? Why the factories are abandoned? Why he left his most secure property? And Sharlene? Laura?
My heart aches, realizing I am left alone. All people I cared about, seemed to be gone from my life. 

"I have something else for you. I want you to see this. Sorry, Kyra. It might be too much, but you have to be aware of the things that involves you."

     She pulled out four 'bugs', that seemed to be a part of some projector device. Anna placed them on the table and turned them on. I was shocked, of what I saw in a picture that came to life. Myself. Wanted. That word imprinted in my brain and I felt like nothing will be able remove this image from my mind. Who would do this? Why do they want me?

"You should be careful, if you decide to venture outside." Anna caressed my shoulder, as my hands came to my face, masking my tearful expression from her view.

**** 

     I stayed with Anna for five days and let myself fully heal, before trying to leave the place. I could not be a burden on her shoulders forever. 

    I heard no news about my father nor anybody else I know. I cried for many hours of this fact, but now I feel kind of empty and there is no more to cry out. But I still feel very sad and lonely. They were all I had and now they have disappeared.

 Forever?

    Anna gave me dark sunglasses and a grey scarf made of very light fabric to hide my appearance from others on the street. She was against for me going outside, but I have been sitting in four walls for too long. I need some space and fresh air. Though, I will be careful.