Chapter 26

WARNING! Graphic description of violence in this chapter!

     A big crowd of people are in front of 'AmberSol" property. More than I have ever seen. They are mad, shouting some curse words and phrases, which are inextinguishable between their constant protesting. They have gathered some self made weapons to cause harm. Bottles with fire flare, raised up above their heads.

     Cole have gathered 20 police robots, all equipped with guns. His appearance is cool, quite opposite of mine. I barely hold on to my emotions. I have never felt so angry and mad. Never, never before. Feels like I am loosing control of my mind, the  sane part of it.

These people have gone too far. If they want war, they will get it.

I pull a gun out of robot's hands, standing near me. Humans in front are oblivious of me and my intentions, their whole focus on a building in front of them and people in it – that is Kyra and William.

    I aim, not looking even where, just towards the horde of annoying humans. After pulling the trigger, a chain of loud shots comes from it.

    Few people collapse on the road, all bloody and lifeless, those who stood in front of my gun. Screams erupt from everywhere. They eye the corpses and back off with fast steps – still unaware of me. They have failed to notice the source of the shooting.

I notice William standing on other side of the gate, watching the people with worry.

„Hey! Why don't you give them a little scare, William?" I shout over.

     Couple of heads turn my way, finally. I walk past them, with a gun threateningly in my hand, but my focus is on Kyra's father. What is he going to do?

   Before I have reached him, a person jumps in front of me. In minutes his body is cleared from my path, by my gun. His corpse covered in blood oozing holes.

This whole time my eyes have not left William. I am nearly at his gate and I feel people behind me getting little bit frightened.

    Gates are closed and seems, that William is not willing to let me in. He eyes me suspiciously.
Couple of police robots have been following me from behind. I glance back and notice a view, that looks more than overwhelming. A crowd of angry people and a group of infected robots are in front of 'AmberSol's' main gates - me, in front of them all. An army of madness in William's eyes.

I take less threatening stance towards Kyra's father: "William, let me in!"

"What do you want this time?"

My hand comes up on the gate railing and I rest my head against it, looking through my forehead at the man.

"I just want to see, if Kyra is OK. That's it. Let me in." I say quietly, my voice almost a whisper.

     Another suspicious glare from him and he comes closer. He opens a gate and I slip in. A horde irrupts in frenzy, seeing the gate opened. They do not care..... Do not care, even about their own kind lying dead on the street. Only blind vengeance powers them. Idiots.

     I motion for Cole to clear the way. They swarm towards us, towards their own doom. Without hesitation my gun is pointed back at them, causing more death in result. One more step from their side and I will massacre all of them. The front street is colored in dark red, bodies of lifeless humans lies everywhere. More frightened ones are frozen in fear, while others maintain their defensively aggressive attitude.

     The gun is still clenched in my hands, my fingers holding strong, as I feel the anger at people's actions. They will not get in here and not get hold of Kyra. Never....