*Bonus chapter 1*

A yearly spring ball in Toreno high school. It is a biggest event of the the year, which everyone is hipped about. I used to enjoy the party too, some time ago, but not anymore, not in this semester. I will be lucky, if I get a chance to skip it. Why? Because it will be a worst night of my school life. 

      An incident two summers back, caused me to hate and avoid any school event like this. Like every teen party, this involved some illegal activities, that is - from adults perspective. My classmate tried to convince me to take drugs, which he had taken to share with his own friends. I wanted to be a part of their cool group too and in my mind, I battled for my choice. The idea to be with popular teens were so tempting, that I almost agreed to take a part in their little drug consuming activity. But before they or I could do anything, one policeman caught us and arrested the guy at fault. And that was a biggest problem for me, that policeman was my dad. 

     Since then, I have not been invited to any other party and every school organized event is a living hell for me, since that incident. I was starting to loose my 'friends', other students made a laughing out of me, as a party killer, and the worst treatment I got from my classmates, especially from a guy, who weeks later got out of confinement. Like I said, he was from a group of popular kids, and along with other classmates, he constantly made fun of me in front of everyone. I felt broken and hurt and tried to avoid them as much as possible. 

     I got to used to be alone. Bullying from other students have stopped, but harsh words from my classmates are still occasionally coming at me like a bullets. And the hurt stays in me for some time, that is until I leave school.

     Last year I got one of my 'friends' to be my ball partner, before he left my side, like all others. I never understood the motives of their disappearance from my life. Though, this year, I will have to find some other male companion to escort me or even better, none, then I could avoid this party altogether. The most stupidest thing is, school rules in regards of this event. Everyone must have a partner of opposite sex. The good thing - it can be anyone, brother, boyfriend, uncle, grandparent, father. Attendance is a must, unless you have a life and death situation, why you cannot come. 

I need to find it..... a reason to not be in there. But what?

     I mentioned my dad about this and he told me, because of his work, he will not be coming with me. Almost out of there....., but unlucky me, he will find me a companion for a ball, he told. I hope somebody cool. I would hate to hear the annoying comments from my classmates. 

I am almost ready to leave school, when I hear my name shouted behind me: "Alison Solace! Well? Have you got yourself a boy for a party tomorrow? Who will it be? Your nonexistent boyfriend?" 

It was Monica, a girlfriend of the guy, who bullies me and my 'loved' classmate. She has shiny brown hair and green, wicked eyes. She looked very pretty, but now I knew, what kind of person is behind them.

"He is not a boy! Not the type of guy you imagine me being with." I gave her back. 

"Oh. Really? Well, we will see it tomorrow night." Monica waved at me a fake goodbye. 

I lied to her. I did not know, what type of guy or a man my dad will find for me. Maybe an old grandpa and then I will have to endure her mocking laugh. 

I exited the Toreno school, before checking out. A robot guard always was standing by door, registering all students, who came in and who went out. We had some robot staff, but luckily our teachers were real humans. 

      Right outside the school, in front of a large stone garden, stands the biggest and only organic forest in whole Amber. Property of Elkwood family, the richest people in this city. Every time I pass this beautiful creation, my eyes stays glued to the view, the full way of my walk past it. 

     I have to head to the city center to meet my father at the main police station, where he works. I do it every day to check up on him, as he works a lot lately and I see him less at home. He have been working on a case of a robot attack to human. I usually don't stick my nose in his matters, but news are full with information about the incident and I can't help myself to be little bit worried about him. He is working with many police androids, skilled and strong machines. I do not want him to get in trouble because of his new investigation case.

     I take a quick drive with a metro and I am pushed out just block away from his workplace.
A building is not tall, like other's in Amber, but a design is pretty similar to the rest of the structures. Outer layer of the station is made of turquoise blue glass panes with a huge sign on the front - Amber's Central Police Department

     I can already see some robot policemen standing by the entrance. I take no time and run up the stairs to my dad's office on upper floors. He is not a detective, who chases bandits on the streets, but does most of his work in office. 

"Hey dad!" I barge in his working space."

     He is not here and I am surprised that I did not see it before, considering the dark brown transparent walls of glass, that frames his office. I walk in and decide to wait for him. On one of the chairs I notice a formal outfit, neatly packed in a plastic bag. A male shirt, pants, jacket. All in colors of black. Is it for my ball? Is he coming himself? 

"Do you like it? Color?" I get startled by my dad's low voice. 

"Oh... My..... You scared me. Yeah I like a texture of the fabric. Is it for you?"

"Sorry, Alise. Like I said I cant find a time to be with you. I bought it for your partner. He does not have such extravagant clothing in his possession, so I got it for him myself."

"Who is it going to be?"

"I could not find anyone, who was free to escort you. This pal is new to our team and only one available tomorrow night. Sorry again, Alise. Next year, I promise. And don't worry, he is a good one, I would trust him my life." my dad smiled and gently patted my shoulder.

"OK. Are you coming home tonight?"

Dad shakes his head in denial: "Sorry, no. I still have lot of things to do." He went through his Micro-H-tab on his desk.

"Just don't overwork yourself, OK?"

     He guided me through his office doors and farther way I went on my own.
An uneasy feeling sits in my gut, thinking of tomorrow's night. What kind of man is it going to be?