01: REUNION IN WISCONSIN

Chapter One: not edited

Rory never thought he would find himself in the middle of a road trip - he also never thought he would have to do this alone. The boy cautiously drove further into the town, adults were happily walking their children through the busy streets while cars drove past them, honking their horns. This town was more alive than he thought it would be.  Who knew that Wisconsin would be this way?

But, what Rory Moore didn't know, was that this town was far from alive.

It hadn't taken him long to realize that something in this town was different. A part of him, whether small or large, gave him the insight that he should leave this town and never look back. The not knowing part scared him - but knowing that he could find the answers he needed made him keep driving through the small town. Having fear control his life wasn't something he wanted.

When he was younger, he feared the dark - so terrified that he slept with his parents throughout his childhood. As he got older, his father told him he shouldn't be afraid of the living, but fear the dead. Rory didn't think twice about what he said to him. He thought it was just a way to make him unafraid of the dark. But something deep down told him that his father was right.

Spirits can't be real, right?

His thoughts soon overturned into something darker as he drove deeper into the town. What if his father was truly right? Could spirits really have killed Jessica? Or was it some sick monster that preyed on innocent girls? Whatever it was, he wanted justice for his sister. Rory wouldn't rest until he sees that happen. And yet, when he thought about that, Sam Winchester came to his mind.

Of course, Sam had crossed his mind multiple times, but this time it was different. He wanted to ask him so many questions. Ever since the police informed him about Jessica's boyfriend finding her dead, he wanted answers. Rory tried to reach out to Sam, but every time he did, the Winchester boy would decline his call. That made assumptions appear in his head, whether he liked it or not.

He knew that eventually Sam would answer his call, but until then, he would keep trying.

Rory pulled outside of a small motel that had a neon sign - HOTEL written on the front. He knew he needed to find a place to stay for the night and this was the only building that looked decent in the town. Slowly parking the car, the blonde boy grabs the keys from the ignition, before heading inside of the motel.

The motel from the inside was the complete opposite - chairs were placed in strange positions, papers were disorganized on the front desk, and random books were scattered across the wooden floor. He was appalled that a public organization would allow its staff to treat the motel like garbage.

Pulling his lips in a tight line, Rory approached the lady behind the front desk. The lady was dressed in a bright green uniform with a name tag pinned to the right side of her shirt - Hayley was written in bold letters. When she looked up from the book she was reading, the first thing he noticed was her eyes. Her eyes were a deep chocolate brown that had small flecks of golden around her iris - in definition, she was beautiful.