08: LAWRENCE, KANSAS

Chapter eight: not edited

The nights became hours, while the hours turned into minutes. That's how Rory Moore felt after a few weeks without Sam and Dean. He needed the space - space from all the secrets and lies that seemed to unravel from the Winchester brothers. Lies seem to follow Rory in every location. He can't escape, no matter how many times he tries to push past it.

Lights flashed around the blonde's head, pulling him away from his inner thoughts. His thoughts consisted of negative energy that soon filled his entire body with different emotions. Anger, sadness, betrayal, and understanding were some of the tiny things that he felt. At this moment, he couldn't let that define him. He knew eventually he'll have to go back and face Sam. But, he didn't know when.

"Now why are you at a bar this early in the morning?" A voice said from behind him.

A sigh left the back of his throat when he sensed the man behind him. He didn't understand why people have to bother him at this moment. Didn't he look annoyed? Or even agitated? Why does everyone think it's an invitation to get into his personal space? If he had the energy to snap at the man he would, but now? He doesn't even really care.

"Drinking. What else do you do in a bar?"

The man chuckled while motioning to the empty stool next to him. "Do you mind if I sit?"

"No- wait, you're the guy from the motel!" Rory frowned at how the guy randomly found him in the bar a few states away. "No offense to you man, but were you following me?"

"I work here in Kansas." The man says with a smile. "I'm Leo by the way."

He eyed him suspiciously. "Rory."

Rory glanced over at him and really looked at him. The way Leo's hair was messy with tousled hair and how his eyes seemed to be lit with gold fire. He was the definition of a beauty. Even though he was mad at Sam, Leo would never replace him. That was a fact.

Leo looked around the room noticing that the man's friends weren't there. "You're alone."

"What gave that away?"

"Well, for one, I didn't see your guard dogs near you. The one you call your friends." Leo says while taking a seat next to the blonde. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." Rory lied through his teeth. He didn't want to bother anyone with his issues- especially someone he just met recently.

"You know, I may not know you that much, but I can tell that you're lying."

Rory took a sip of his drink. "How'd you guess that?"

"Rory, your face screams emotions that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Now, tell me the truth."

"Why do you care? You don't even know me, Leo."

That was a good question. Why would Leo care about him? They've just met, learned each other names, etc. Leo just walked into his life like a hurricane and brushed up against him. But it wasn't like the man was going to stay in it- Rory wouldn't let him.