14: EMBRACING THE SHADOWS

Chapter Fourteen: not edited

[THIS WILL BE A LONG CHAPTER. SO I EXPECT PEOPLE TO COMMENT AND NOT GHOST READ THIS PART. THANKS. I AM ALSO STARTING A VOTE AND COMMENT GOAL.]

50 VOTES AND 40 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER.

The sun gently rested behind the buildings, causing most people who were working in them to shield their eyes from the bright rays of light. Days like these made people smile, not because of the light, but because of how warm it made them feel. Warmth, whether it was good or bad, caused people to have mixed emotions. This is something people have noticed over time.

Which wasn't a bad thing.

That's what Rory Moore thought. He knew that time meant everything to him. It could be from time he spent with his parents or the last few minutes he had with his younger sister, Jessica. Whether it was, he knew it was rough for him to think about it again.

But he can get through it.

He has to.

"I look so bad." He whined to Sam, giving him a frown. "Why do we have to wear this hideous outfits?"

"Rory, would you stop?" Sam sighed, shaking his head. "You look fine."

"But-"

Sam glared at him. "Listen to me, if anyone looks bad it is me, not you. Got it?"

"Samuel Winchester! I did not hear those words come out of your mouth!" The blonde looked appalled by his words. If anyone looked bad, it was him, not Sam.

"Could you guys stop being so dramatic?" Dean groaned, walking past them. "You're worse than that doctor on Doctor Sexy M.D."

"Doctor Sexy?" Rory quirked an eyebrow. "Is Dean Winchester confessing he watches reality show television?"

"No, that's not what I meant-"

"Uh huh." Rory smirked while Sam watched them with amusement. "Keep dreaming, buddy."

"You're unbelievable." Sam shook his head, looking up at the building in front of the three. "All right, Dean. This is the place."

Dean glanced down at his outfit. "You know, I've gotta say Dad and me did just fine without these stupid costumes. I feel like a high school drama dork." He smiles. "What was that play that you did? What was it – Our Town. Yeah, you were good, it was cute."

The blonde turned to look at Sam in surprise. "You used to do drama? No way! Me too."

Sam beamed. "Really? I didn't take you as a guy who enjoyed drama stuff."

He suddenly felt defensive.

"Says the one who hunts monsters!" Rory says, rolling his eyes. "Just because my hair is slicked back and I own a leather jacket doesn't mean I don't like Shakespeare, Sam."