06: MIRROR ON THE WALL

Chapter six: not edited

READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT BOTTOM OF THE CHAPTER

The room around him was dark, so dark that he couldn't see his own fingertips. Something was wrong - very wrong. It made the hair on the back of his neck stand up in a way that he never felt before. Fear radiated through his veins, pain clearly shown in his eyes when he pushed the covers off his bare torso. He could tell he was in his younger body. At the mere age of twenty three, he could still recognize his seven year old self.

He glanced out of his window to see that the moon was barely reflecting any light onto his backyard. Weird. Normally, at this time of night he could see everything from the playground to the lingering trees hanging near the wooden fence. This made incoherent thoughts start to swarm in the back of his mind. What was going on? Where was Sam and Dean? Is this another nightmare? Why was he dreaming this in the first place?

"Mom?" He found himself calling out in the dark - not knowing something sinister was happening in his house. "Dad? Are you up?"

Going out of his room, the blonde tiptoed to the edge of the hallway, peering over the wooden staircase to see that no light was on downstairs. That meant his parents were either outside sitting on the deck or sleep in their room. He knew it was one of those options. It was the only valid reason that they wouldn't be answering him at the moment.

When Rory walked down the hall, he heard the sound of crinkling - like a small fire was building up to be something darker, more destructible than before. Curious about the sound, the blonde walked to his parent's room to see that the door was slightly open - making his lips tug down into a frown. A light was streaming out of the cracks, something that made the hair on his neck stand up once more.

"Mom? I think you left the light on-" His younger self says quietly. But when he didn't get a response, he pushed the door open to reveal a horrid sight.

A mixture between a gasp and scream fell from his lips when he saw his parents hanging from the ceiling - a small dance of fire surrounding their torso. He wanted to run and call for help, but his legs wouldn't budge. It was like he was frozen in place. All he could do was stand there and watch the fire explode into different colors, absorbing every last inch of his parent's body. He wanted to wake up from this nightmare. And somehow he couldn't. His mind wouldn't let him.

But when he was finally able to, a voice filled his head, telling him it was time to wake up.

"Please wake him up, Sam. He's literally whimpering in his sleep." Dean glanced over his shoulder at the sleeping blonde before looking back at his brother.

Sam sighed lowly. "If he yells at me it's your fault."

"Hey, it's not my fault you wanted him to get more sleep." Dean says while picking up a newspaper. A few seconds later he spoke again. "But he should be thankful that I even suggested that. It shows how much I care for him."