18: INTO THE WILD

Chapter eighteen: not edited

( THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE SOMEWHAT SHORT, SO I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO FIT RORY INTO THIS EPISODE. BUT, NONETHELESS, I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. )

50 VOTES AND 40 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

It was quiet, too quiet for Rory's likings. His fingers skimmed against the wooden boards of the wall, trying to feel something, something that made him feel more attached to the world. The last few days haven't been easy for him. It could be that John Winchester was lingering in the back of his mind.

Ever since their Dad joined them on the fight to find the demon that killed Mary Winchester and his sister Jessica, he had been on edge. He didn't like this feeling. The feeling of vulnerability and being weak in everyones eyes. He wanted to feel somewhat powerful, like he has control over the situation. But sadly, in this kind of situation he can't be.

Since yesterday, Sam and John haven't said a lot of words to each other, except for the occasional glances. Dean, on the other hand looked stuck on how to handle the tension in the room. As for Rory, he couldn't even bother to get into the middle of it since John already had a negative outlook on him in the first place.

Pulling back the curtains, his eyes were glued on the outside world. The world that had evil surrounding them in every corner, ready to strike at any moment. Manning, Colorado wasn't anything different. It still had evil there and nothing could change that. Not even a couple of hunters or officers of the law.

Pushing it back neatly, the blonde turned his attention back to the wall that had multiple papers plastered on it. It was information on the demon that they're currently closing in on. It consisted of weather charts, hieroglyphics, pictures, newspaper articles, written notes, a shelf of books and more.

With a sigh, Rory maneuvered to a corner of the motel room and watched the Winchesters work. He didn't want to get in the middle of it, not when John was around. He wasn't scared of the older man, but he did give off a threatening vibe.

John, who was sitting at a paper strewn desk, had the Colt in front of him. While Sam was leaning against the counter and his older brother was pacing back and forth- which was getting on the blonde's last nerves, so he kept his mouth closed before he snapped at him as well.

"So this is it." John's voice sliced through the tense room, catching all of their attention. "This is everything I know."

He took a pause.

"Look, our whole lives we been searching for this demon right? Not a trace, just nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time I picked up a trail."

Dean made a realization before he licked his lips. "That's when you took off."

"Yeah, that's right. The demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation."