Chapter 3

Chapter 3

At about three o'clock I sat up and stretched from my nap. I walked over to my desk, trying to get my mind to work. At about six o'clock, I was almost finished my homework, Fang walked in and looked at me.

"That was so cruel." He breathed, trying to get his breath back. Without looking up, I replied.

"Yeah, well I had homework to do and you just had to meet your dear step cousin." I said with a smirk playing on my lips. Fang sighed and his head rested on my shoulder. I tried not to tense up to much.

"What homework is it?" He asked, his deep voice made his throat vibrate on my shoulder. It tickled. I giggled a little bit then answered him.

"It's lovely, lovely algebra homework." I said as I finished the equation. He scrunched up his nose.

"I have no idea why you learn that stuff." He said while he read my text book. I closed my text book, because I had finished and it was annoying having him read from over my shoulder. Fang stood up properly and I spun around on my swivel chair. Yeah, I know, I have an obsession with swivel chairs but, you can't blame me there just, fun.

"I have no idea as well." I said as I spun around in a circle. Anna walked in while twirling her long golden hair.

"Dinner." Saying what she need to say in one word. Anna spun on her heel and walked to the dinning room.

"What did you say to her?" I asked as I looked at Fang, confused that Anna suddenly lost interest.

"Oh nothing. Ask her if you really want to know." He answered.

"Like hell, I'm just gonna think you said something either really mean or perverted to get her to stop following you." I said and with that I got up and walked to the dinning room, with Fang following behind me. Mary, Anna and my dad were all on some type of device, while Fang and I just sat in silence, eating our dinner.

I finished my dinner first and grabbed some food and water. I walked quickly to my room, stuffing the food in my backpack. I swear, my cousin has the worst timing ever. Fang walked in seeing my fat bag, that I had just finished filling with food, water, clothes, and some devices.

"Are you planning on running away or something?" He joked. I decided to play along.

"Oh yes definitely. I'm going to see the world." I laughed. Fang rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"So what is with that bag anyway?" He asked, reaching for my bag. I grabbed it first and bounced back a couple of steps.

"Ah, ah, ahh. No looking. It's not for you. For a friend of sorts, I guess." I said, thinking about it slowly. Trying figure out if Caleb was my friend or not.

"So, your giving that fat bag to sort of a friend that your not sure if their your friend?" Fang asked, giving me a quizzical look. I thought about it and nodded

"I'll never understand women or you, and you just happen to be both." Fang said shaking his head.

"Well, that just makes me extra mysterious, now doesn't it." I said while laughing.

"Of course, your a mystery woman on the loose." He laughed. I stopped laughing, thinking he had figured out I was Silver Wing. No he said a mysterious woman not, the mysterious woman. I thought, calming my nerves. Fang looked at me, he was confused as to why I had stopped laughing. Okay think fast on your feet.

"I ah, I've got to drop this bag off." I said quickly, and it was kind of true. It was dinner time and Caleb hadn't had anything since he came here,so he might be a little bit hungry, and grumpy.