Chapter 10

I yawned as pale morning light filtered through the curtains. I felt my legs were covered by a blanket. I opened my eyes and looked around. The fire had died, leaving only the faint smell of smoke and black ashes. There were no signs of Gaul or Caleb. I wonder what Fang would say.

"S**t!" I yelped as I realised that it was morning, I hadn't gone home last night and Fang would be worried. If he ever saw Caleb again, he'd put him on his butt with possibly a few broken ribs. I jumped up, throwing the blanket off me, I paced back and forth in my room, feeling like a caged tiger. I needed to calm down, now I know how Caleb must've felt.

"Argh! I need to sink my teeth into something." I shrieked. For the first time I noticed the silver tray with bread on it. I picked up the bread and chewed on it grumpily. I really needed an outlet. I don't know my way around here, and I'm not patient. I weighed my options, sit around here until someone comes and gets me, or search this castle or whatever it was. I picked up a pillow, and looked at it as if it was the most feral thing the world. I threw it at the door, just as Gaul walked in. He got a mouthful of pillow. My eyes widened in shock, I'd been to busy mulling over my situation that I hadn't heard the knock on the door. Gaul grabbed the pillow and chucked it back at me.

"Sorry about that." I said sheepishly.

"So, what did the pillow and I do to make you throw it at me?" Gaul asked.

"You and the pillow? Nothing, it's more like I'm venting my frustration on it... And you." I said.

"Well-" I started, but Gaul covered my mouth with his hand, and signalled me to be quiet. I heard Caleb call out Gaul's name. I heard a soft knock on my door. I jerked my head away, and grabbed his arm, and bit it. I needed to sink my teeth into something, and that something just happened to be Gaul's arm. He let out a yelp of surprise. Caleb opened the door, and saw me biting Gaul's arm, and him trying to get away from me.

"Why are you biting him?" Caleb asked as if it was the most casual thing in the world. I released my grip on Gaul, and crossed my arms over my chest. I was sulking.

"What is she doing?" Gaul asked.

"Not sure." Caleb answered. I kept my smirk off my face. Caleb walked up to me, and waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Keep waving it there and I'll bite it." I threatened. Caleb stopped and shook his head.

"Violent, so very violent for a young lady." He commented, I just scowled at him. Caleb laughed at me.

"Stop laughing at me!" I growled, and stomped my foot like a two year old. A vine grew and wrapped itself around Caleb's ankle and lifted him upside down. I had a smug look of satisfaction on my face.

"Did you just stomp your foot?" Gaul asked, after he had stopped laughing at Caleb.

"What of it?" I retorted.

"Nothing." Gaul quickly responded.

"Can you let me down now?" Caleb asked, I did as he asked and made the vines drop him, as a final punishment from me.

"So,why were you looking for Gaul?" I asked.

"Why were you biting Gaul?" He retorted.

"Touché. You answer first." I said.

"It's childish but, we had been playing hide and seek." Caleb said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck while looking away. I laughed and shook my head in disbelief.

"Your, I don't know. Just weird." I said, trying to think of something to describe his attitude.

"Well, now your turn, tell me what's wrong with you?" Caleb asked me. I sighed in defeat and sat down on my bed. I hugged my knees, burying my face in them. Caleb looked at Gaul and asked him to leave. Gaul nodded, and I heard the door click shut. Caleb sat next to me and put a hand on my shoulder.