Chapter 4

I felt Caleb's grip on my wrists tighten. My wings flapped and dragged the wind down, pushing us up higher into the sky. I glided over the buildings of Quercus. I heard Caleb gasp.

I circled above the town hall.

I could see three people on the roof. One of them, a girl had short light blue hair. She wore black short shorts and a brown leather jacket. She had two hand guns attached to her belt. Her piercing ice blue eyes, good for sharp shooting. She also had a sniper slung over her shoulder. There was two others, a girl and a guy. You could tell they were an item. Both of them had black hair and pink eyes. The girl wore a long red dress, I'm just guessing but, something tells me she was going to be the inside information along with her lover. He wore a tuxedo, which by the way did not suit him. I slowly descended to the roof of the town hall. Caleb let to of my wrists and dropped down, the three people down below weren't even surprised when he did drop down, just like true mercenaries. The girl with light blue hair was a friend of mine. We had done a few missions together before. I landed gently, wanting to scare the other two. I tapped them both on the shoulder, scaring them. I laughed lightly and walked over to the other girl and hugged Shion. She returned the hug.

"It's good to see your doing so well." Shion complemented me.

"It's nice to see you to. Oh and I might want to introduce you to a... Acquaintance of mine." I said, after a small pause to think about the relationship between me and Caleb. I noticed Caleb was looking at the woman in the red dress, with something between hatred and curiosity. I dismissed it guessing that I might have got it wrong, which I rarely do.

"Acquaintance you sure? You hesitated so something is definitely going between you two." Shion said nudging me playfully. I pushed her off and pointed to Caleb.

"His name is Caleb. That is his real name, first time on the job. Good in his fighting skill and martial arts. Takes longer to win a fight, prefers to tire out his opponents. Opposite of me." I explained.

"Well, you didn't tell me that your an assassin. Besides I would've taken more caution when I tried to arrest you if I had known." Caleb said while crossing his arms with a huff. I laughed at his sad excuse.

"You tried to arrest her?" Shion asked pointing to me.

"Yeah, she was in violation of the law in mph." Caleb had started before I covered his mouth with my hand. I remembered that he had a tail and ears.

"If you'll excuse us." I said with a smile. I dragged Caleb a few metres away from the group.

"Okay, you need to hide your tail and don't mention anything about your world. Okay?" I asked. Caleb bit my hand. I shot him a glare but, he nodded in agreement. We walked back over to the group.

"Okay, we're good now." I said with a smile. I clutched my hand were it had started to bleed from Caleb's bite. His teeth were like very sharp and thick needles.

"Okay let's get the rest of the introductions out of the way. I'm Shion, that's Blood Butterfly and Prowler." Shion said, pointing to the other two of the group. I've heard of that pair, apparently their the best duo there is.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" I asked.

"Well, your gonna get changed into something more formal. Your gonna have to get close to Carlos Lark. He has red hair and green eyes. He'll stand out from the rest of the crowd." Shion explained to me.

"What about Caleb over there?" I asked, guessing he would want to stay close to me so he could see me in action.

"Well, did bring spare clothes, so we do have a tuxedo for him." Shion said with a smirk.