Chapter 8

Caleb lead me up the stairs. Once we rounded the corner, Caleb squeezed my hand. I gave him a confused look, Caleb just tugged my arm forward in response.

"Fine, then. I'll follow you," I grumbled," but only if you tell me where we are going." I stopped, putting my full weight in my feet, pulling Caleb to a holt. He turned around and faced me, growling in the back of his throat but, I held my ground. Seeing that I wasn't the least intimidated, he relented.

"I'm taking you to the guest room," Caleb answered, and yanked on my arm, moving me from my spot. I wanted to snarl at him for being rough with me, back track that thought. Snarl? Since when did I want to snarl? I followed Caleb and contemplated all possible exit routes, if I needed to escape here, to distract myself. A random thought popped up in my head.

"I left my jacket downstairs." I blurted out, Caleb looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

"I'll ask one of the servants to bring it to your room." Caleb answered, and opened a door to a bedroom. He let go of my arm as I inspected my new surroundings. There was a king sized bed in the centre of the room. Large arch windows filtered light into the room. The walls were sky blue, and the covers of the bed were a pale sapling green. There was another door that led to a bathroom. Much to my amusement, it was like eighteenth century. A pot in the corner, a bath tub and a basin with water in it. It was hilarious. Two towels hung on a golden rack on the wall. I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, while trying to stifle my laughter. I saw Caleb sitting in a chair next to one of the large windows.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I approached him.

"Nothing, just curious as to why you, of all people, would be a thief."

"What are you saying?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Well, considering that you are actually a nice person. You protect the weak and don't actually have any motives for stealing, or killing in fact." Caleb said as he continued to stare out the window. After a few moments of silence, I answered his unspoken question.

"How would you know? I could be a cold hearted killer, I might have motives that you don't know about, I could just be plain evil." I suggested, a snort of laughter came from Caleb.

"Yeah right. If you did have a motive what would it be?" He asked.

"Hmm, I'll let you figure that one out for yourself." I said thoughtfully, just as two ladies rushed in, one carrying my jacket. Instinctively, I pulled out my gun and aimed it at them. I heard Caleb chuckle behind me.

"Be careful ladies, she is suspicious of everyone, and keeps weapons on her twenty four seven." Caleb said, and walked out of the room.

"Oh, he is so, dead." I gritted out. The two ladies ran up to me. One placed my jacket on my bed and the other told me to strip out of my clothes.

"We're going to have to get you a bodice, oh and we'll get you a striking red dress." One of them clicked to the other.

"Should it be plain red or just patterns? What material too?" The other responded just as quickly.

"Silk." I quickly piped in, I needed something I'd be able to modify easily. Silk was easy enough to work with, and I could easily change it into a kimono of sorts. The wheels in my mind started working. I could use my magic to create natural chopsticks to stick in my hair. I'll give em a little taste of olden Japan.

"Silk?" One of them asked.

"Yes, because it is such a beautiful material." I exaggerated.

"Is there anything else you would like to go with that dress?" The other asked.