Chapter 7

He somehow got me back to the water tower. Caleb handed me my puffer and I inhaled the medicine. I touched my symbol, letting my body be wrapped in vines, healing my body. Once I was healed and not a mark on me, the vines receded. Caleb was shaking his head at something while laid on the couch.

"What?" I asked, truly curious.

"You have a serious illness that the people in my world could heal, and yet you put yourself in situations where you could get yourself killed." Caleb said laughing while shaking his head. I smiled and sat up on the couch.

"Thank you for helping me out," I said, expressing my gratitude.

"Correction, for saving you." Caleb said smugly.

"No, for helping me out." I said again smiling, Caleb put his hands up in surrender.

"Fine, whatever. For helping you out, but you still owe me." Caleb said.

"Fine then, how do you want me to pay you back?" I asked, while getting up and looking at the time. I walked over to my bag and grabbed out the twin devices, now was a good as any to examine the devices properly. They were no bigger then my hand, and were black. They looked like to black iPods.

"By getting me back home." Caleb said

.

"Really?" I asked, as I examined the devices.

"What, is there something wrong?" Caleb asked. I shook my head as the life crystals appeared on the screen.

"What are you looking at?" Caleb asked as he got up, and walked over to me. His head rested on my shoulder, as he looked over it. I tensed when he kept his head in place. Caleb must've sensed my tension because he tried to calm me down.

"Easy, I'm just resting my head here." Caleb said, as his finger traced my symbol. I wasn't sure if he was aware that he was tracing the symbol or not but, it comforted me. My muscles relaxed and I felt more comfortable. I could keep lying to myself and you by saying that I still didn't trust him, but we all know that, that would be a lie.

"How did you get images of these life crystals if you haven't been to Arkea before?" Caleb asked as we both looked at the images.

"Is there anything in common that these life crystals that you recognise?" I asked as I thought about the possibility that there was more ani-morphs.

"Well, let's see. Each of these crystals belong to people who are alive, and are high in power." Caleb said as he studied them.

"Yours was in there so, what was your role?"

"I was one of the royal guards, or to be more specific the princess's personal guard and her..." Caleb went quiet.

"Her what?" I asked gently.

"What was I thinking? Never mind, so anymore questions?"

"Where was your princess when I found you, or when you found me?"

"I was on a mission to infiltrate the humans defences and find there battle plans."

"So, I take it ani-morphs and humans don't get on very well in your world."

"Well, the humans believe that we should either be human or animal, not both. If we choose to be animal, that we are game or pets. If we choose human, one of them but so they don't get human ani-morphs and ani morphs mixed they give the human ani-morphs collars. Treating them like, animals anyway." Caleb explain, I could here the obvious hate in his voice.

"Then... Why are you being so kind to me now?"I asked.

"You don't treat me like a pet you treat me like a friend." Caleb said as his hand reached out and touched the blue life crystal. There was a white blinding light, then the 'mirror' that had first appeared.