Chapter 1

Chapter One

I opened my eyes and I was back in the facility. I looked around and I felt a pressure on my abdomen. I looked at my stomach and saw the guy on my stomach. Isn't meant to be the girl land on top the guy instead of the guy on top of the girl. I saw ears on his head. Little black ears, they were so cute but, I ignored them. I didn't need anymore distractions. I pushed him off of me. His head hit the wall and he opened his eyes with a moan.

I heard guards running our way. The boy sat up and rubbed his head. His black ears were twitching.

"What magic did you do?" He asked. Magic? What did he mean by magic? He was about to say it louder and he also looked like he was about to give me a lecture. The guards were nearing and I didn't have time for delays. I pushed him against the wall with my hand covering his mouth. I gave him a quick glare. We waited until the guards disappeared around the corner. I let out a sigh of relief. I winced and backed away when he bit my hand.

"What the hell was that for?" I asked. He looked like he was about to attack so I kneed him in the crutch and elbowed him in the back of the neck. Like a boss. I picked him up and swung him over my shoulder. I had noticed the mirror had disappeared but, didn't give it a second thought when I heard the guards yell.

"There she is! Don't let her get away!" One of the guards yelled. I know I could've let the boy get captured but, letting a boy as cute him get caught was just not something I could do. Besides letting my own mistake be another's downfall was just not right. I ran, while carrying the boy. I heard gun fire and a bullet fly by my head.

Okay, so they don't care if the guy I'm carrying gets shot in the head? Good to know. I ran to the closest window and jumped through it. I started falling the five storey drop. I was waiting for my mechanical wings to move. They weren't moving. I looked over my shoulder and saw that the boy was keeping my wings locked into place.

Hold on a minute, okay, let's just get this out of the way before anyone gets any ideas. No I'm not an angel and no the wings are not apart of my body. They are mechanical wings that I stole, obviously, and modified so that they respond to my thoughts. They are attached to my cloak so when I take my cloak off, I take off my wings. Good, now that we've got that out of the way, back to the story.

I flipped the boy over my shoulder in reverse, so he was now being held by my hands keeping a firm grip on his wrists. My wings snapped open and our descent stopped almost instantly. A bullet bounced off of my wings. I looked behind me and saw four guards still firing at me. It was broad daylight for heavens sake! Eight o'clock in the morning to be exact. Shit fire, hold the matches! My part time job starts in thirty minutes! I flew to my hide away, making sure no one followed me.

My hide away was an abandoned water tower, that had been a secret science facility, that was abandoned as it did not meet the needs of the scientist. I landed on the railing and flung the boy onto my couch/bed.

I did have a real home, with a family but, those guys did not like me one little bit, so they didn't mind when I disappeared for a few days. Mainly Saturday and Sunday I disappeared. I found a spare pair of hand cuffs lying around, don't even ask, and cuffed the boy to the bed. Didn't want him to wake up and go ballistic.

Something shiny caught my eye. It sat around the boys neck. I got on my hands and knees and crawled over to him. I picked up the necklace. It was so beautiful. It was exactly like the crystal I saw on that device that created that 'mirror' of sorts. Green with tendrils wrapping around it. Plus a few leaves on the tendrils. It was just like the image that I had seen on that device. I took it off of him and put it on. I looked at myself in my mirror. It was beautiful.

Any way, speaking of the device, I took out the device and put it on the table for later. I went and took a quick shower. I walked out of my mini bathroom in nothing but, a towel. I had only taken a few steps out of the door before, I remembered my guest, even though he was unconscious. I went red then dashed back into my bathroom. I peaked out the door. Okay, he was still unconscious. I did a quick mad dash to grab my work clothes then back into the bathroom.