Chapter Six: Aomine X OC

Chapter Six: Aomine x OC

"Daiki-kun!" She shouted, her feet trembling while her whole body shook, not with fear or anger, but just with plain sheer disappointment.

He continued to tear through the court like a tornado sweeping everything in its path with nothing that could stop it. She watched on, barely holding the tears in, hands gripped so tightly onto the rose she was holding onto that the thorns pierced into her hand and crimson blood slowly dripped, the crooked and twisted line of the thick liquid making its mark so evidently.

She couldn't bear to see it. She couldn't bear to see how he would destroy Kise, his best friend in Teiko after all the years they'd spent together.

Aomine merely ignored her even though her words clearly affected him. His speed was down, defenses were poor and most of all, he got fouled about twice. Aomine growled in sheer annoyance and anger as the referee beside him blow the whistle, his arms turning signaling Aomine's fault in traveling which led the ball to belong to the other team. As much as he wanted to crush Kaijo, it appeared as if he couldn't  bring himself to do it no matter how much his head kept screaming it. It was as if he couldn't help but let Kise win a few points. Sure, he wasn't like Akashi who had a steel heart or Murasakibara who despise those who couldn't play well enough, but hell, he wasn't really sure why in the world he couldn't bring himself to do such a simple act of crushing Kise and his entire team of idiots.

From the spectator stands, she could tell that he was hesitating, as if a tinge of regret had spotted him. Any minute now.

She supported Kaijo, not because she liked Kise, but because she wanted him to change for the better. She couldn't remember exactly when he changed, when he stopped loving basketball. After all, it was his passion that had made her so interested in him during their Teiko schooling times. She was one of those people who would just stand by the side, observing them as they played and she pointed out their mistakes. Simply put, she was their general or rather, analyst. Their manager was Satsuki, who had great observation skills, but it wasn't on par to hers. She could just tell in a few seconds whether the player was weak or strong and the area of improvement. He had caught her eye, because of his special ability to be able to let his motions flow so freely, and the level of expertise for his street basketball was just amazing and she admired him for that point. She, had caught his eye, for one reason only. She was beautiful. It wasn't the kind of Satsuki-beautiful thing she had going on there, it was more of a her-style way of things. She didn't necessarily exude confidence, instead, she was timid and afraid to speak her mind. However, when it came down to basketball feedback, hers was the best of the best.

And yet things started to change slowly. She had noticed that one by one, the Generation of Miracles stopped coming for practices, and what let her down the most, was the fact that he was the first one that started missing it. Even though there were still the times they went out on dates, talking about basketball was a restricted affair and a line never to be crossed.

She remembered the one time she had learnt the repercussions of it. The flipping of the table, the split miso soup and rice that fell on her, the third second degree burns that she had suffered on her hands after that and how he had simply walked out of the house, not even asking about how she was.

-

"Daiki-kun, when are you going to start coming for practices again?" She rambled on, her chopsticks in her mouth as her eyes were glued onto the food. She didn't see how his eyes seemed to narrow and burn a darker shade of blue. How his hands gripped his chopsticks in a threatening way as if they were on the brink of breaking.

"Don't ask about. Haven't I said before?" His tone slightly raised a he let his anger slowly consume him.

"I just wanted to know you know, like, it's been so long since we've had practices together and how I would watch you play." She complained, while her chopsticks flew towards the golden mushroom floating in the soup she had prepared.