Chapter 3: Kise X OC

Soft and Silent: Chapter Three: Kise X OC

" Yup, just one more shot!" The photographer smiled with satisfaction, clicking away on his camera as he took photos of the image of perfection standing right in front of him. The model practically sparkled with rainbows and unicorns and made all of his fans swoon at his feet, worshipping his every movement.

" And... Done! Thank you Kise-kun!" the photographer exclaimed and patted the model on his back as if entertaining an old friend. The model, Kise, just turned to smile in gratitude at the photographer and said nothing more, returning back to his make-up studio and locking the door in silence.

As he slumped into his chair, he automatically flipped open his neon yellow LG phone, staring at the LED screen intensely.

One hundred and ninety-eight missed calls. Two hundred and twelve messages.

He sighed, tossing his phone onto the table. Of course, he was still irritated at her... Although not as much as yesterday, although he obviously wasn't going to spend his entire day worrying about her. However, every time he shut her eyes to rest, he could see her.

The tears like precious beads of love tainted with pain streaming down her face. Her palms silently resting on her lap, not a single visible attempt to cover up her tears. Her hair messily tied in a bun, strands falling along the sides of her face unlike her normal prim and proper appearance. Her legs forever straight on the bed, unable to move another step anymore. Her entire body lay so silently rigid on the bed as if she was a doll, a figurine with no life.

She had been in a car accident when they were about eighteen and she was paralyzed waist down. He feet could not no longer touch the floor or feel its soul and spirit pulsing through as she would previously,  swirl around with the electricity and passion coursing through her veins. Now she was just trapped to the bed like a bird in the cage, her freedom bound to the wheelchair and bed.

More so, he had forgotten what they had fought about. He wasn't even sure if it was something big. Vague memories of the argument could barely suffice. It was something about their entire relationship or the accident or something along those lines. 

Frustrated, he grabbed his phone, unable to resist that compelling urge to dial her number and give her a call just to hear her deep and cracked voice warm his empty heart. Punching in the numbers fervently, he enthusiastically pressed the call button, pressing the phone against his ear as he heard the sound of the call getting across.

A click.

Someone picked up.

" Ohayou!" Kise chirped into the phone, unable to contain his excitement. How long was it since he had heard someone pick up the phone since the last time he dialled this number? Three hours? Twelve? It seemed as if he could not remember a lot of things now, and yet, he still remembered her voice and face.

" The number you have -"the line cut off abruptly as Kise flipped his phone shut. His eyebrows furrowed as he dialled the number again only to have the same response. He couldn't understand how her number could have changed when he didn't notice at all. Totally irritated with how things were technically not progressing with him spinning round in circles, he went through all the messages that she sent him.

-

Friday 8.42pm

" Kise-kun, gomen (sorry). I didn't mean to shout at you... It's just... Please call me back...."

Friday 9.15pm

"Kise-kun, please call me. I've been calling so many times... I miss you so much... Please respond..."