Love like Fireworks | Imayoshi X Reader

“When you meet someone

so different from yourself,

in a good way,

you don’t even have to kiss

to have fireworks go off.” 

― Lisa Schroeder, I Heart You, You Haunt Me

-

" Come on, let's play that!" You bounce up and down in your kimono, your hair done simplistically in a bun with loose strands falling down from the metal hair pin that held all your hair together. In your hands were two cute bunny sweets that were actually apples cut in that shape. 

The whole Tōō team grumbled behind you and you immediately pout, giving the best of your puppy faces. Imayoshi's hand moves to prop up his glasses onto the bridge of his nose and then everyone immediately agrees, Aomine even hurrying and almost herding you to the station.

" Uwah! Such a big fish!" this teenager about the same height as Aomine squeals and moves forward in excitement, his hand grabbing the fishing pole with utter determination before he gets hit directly in the middle of the head by another that's shorter than him, but looks older than him.

" Stop making a big fuss, you idiot!" he shouts and then proceeds to hit that teenager several times, almost trashing the store and causing the owner to cry for all of his losses by the reckless teenagers he had entertained. 

" Ah! Aomine-cchi!" The boy getting hunted and chased down suddenly whizzes right in front of the group and hides behind Aomine, causing Aomine to frown and flick the teenager's forehead.

" Don't call me that, baka Kise!" Aomine comments and then turns his head elsewhere, ignoring Kise's constant noise creation about how he was innocent and how Kasamatsu-senpai was extremely evil and mean to him but loved him at the same time.

All of a sudden, you feel this gust of wind against your face as a fist barely swipes past your face to hit Kise, causing you to tremble, falling behind as your geta loosens and your feet slip out. The two apple bunnies fall onto the ground and then roll away from your grasp, but you don't care about that. 

There were small little sharp rocks in the ground and one or two had actually not only grazed the base of your feet, they had also embedded itself into your flesh. Your blood slowly formed and then started rolling down your feet and onto the ground.

" (NAME)-CHAN!" Imayoshi grits his teeth and then glares at Kasamatsu, his eyes evidently showing his fury and anger. All the Tōō members keep silent and turn to one side and Kise hides behind Aomine's back, everyone sensing the extent of Imayoshi's anger. It was no doubt that you were the apple of Imayoshi's eye, and no one could touch you because nobody had the guts to do so. The last time a guy had tried to cut in front of you during recess, he had ended up in some random bush and nursing a three month arm injury.

" Imayoshi-senpai..." you sob into Imayoshi's chest as the pain in your feet cause you to cringe and hustle closer to Imayoshi. You feel Imayoshi lifting you up, his arms encircling around your back and then he carries you in the bridal style with your head still buried in his chest, his shirt long soaked with your tears. 

" We'll go home okay?" Imayoshi gently kisses your forehead and then walks away carrying you with your geta in his hands, leaving everyone to feel this sudden coldness wrap around them and gulp. 

" Ah good luck Kasamatsu, you're gonna need it!" Wakamatsu laughs and pats Kasamatsu's back before turning to enjoy the rest of the festival.

-

" Is it -" Imayoshi tenderly treats your wounds and retrieves the small rocks from your wounds before bandaging your feet.

" It's okay. I'm fine." you smile weakly even though the pain in your feet still shoots up every single time you attempt to even move your feet.

" Really..." Imayoshi sighs, but doesn't comment even though he knows by your expression that you're lying. Looking out at the festival from the park on the small hill, you smile at the dark yet great night sky.

Fireworks light up the sky, bringing temporary colour to the lifelessness of the night, and you entwine your fingers with his, leaning onto his shoulder, watching the fireworks in silence.